What's new

DR Harris Sandalwood

I had some shocking experiences in the past ordering aftershaves blindly.
Ended up with bottles smelling like a drunk granny’s denture box.

The more I read about DR Harris Sandalwood the more it intrigues me.

Would love to hear your thoughts if you are or have been using this aftershave.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

DR Harris Sandalwood AS is a mild, straight, yet nice aftershave splash!
Use only with DRH Sandalwood soap!!

dr harris sandalwood morris forndran thiers issard la legende june 28 2017.jpg

I had a chance to take a whiff of it last summer at their shop in London, and to my nose it was a classic, very nice sandalwood fragrance. I was buying other things, and spent my wad, but I sure thought about getting some!

I use it regularly - love the fragrance. Last a bit longer than drug store frags. And I don't mean 'if I put my nose in my chest hairs and inhale like an electrolux, I can still emall it 8 hr later "
What I do mean is that people I walk by a coujple/few hr later can/might pick up on a wiff of it. If I wear it before going to be, I can still pick up on it when I get up. Not the same as being out and about, and I usually only get 5 hr of sleep.
If someone says Aqua Velva lasts 8 hr then this stuff last 2 days.
Jk, but I get a grand kick out of the longevity claims I read sometimes.
In use, it feels heavier than typical drugstore splashes. A little goes a long way.
The scent comes across to me as being refined, not mass-market, not bargain, not cheap at all.
For what is supposed to be a linear thing, I feel it's actually more complex that one expects.
There is no 'barbershop' powdery stuff, no floral anything to my nose. I do detect a few different woods, and some spice. I honestly do not sit and analyze frags too much - I let my nose tell me 'yes/no' and I leave it at that.
Sometimes, the less I know (or think I know), the happier I am.

I have had a lot of sandalwood stuffs - EOs, AS, soaps, etc - this is the only one I keep around.
As with all things, try before buy. I think Maggards sells DRH splash samples.

Thanks everyone, found a good deal and ordered a bottle.
Que sera, sera...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I love all of the DR Harris products. Unfortunately, I used up all of the Sandalwood AS. Once I go through some of my stash of other products I will restock it.

Top Bottom