What's new

DR Harris Marlborough

Marlborough is a very mild scent both as soap and cologne. It's also rather special with the aroma of a full ash tray. The funny thing is that I like the cologne even though the scent won't last longer than a couple of hours. The Harris soaps however have never been on my top list.

Marlborough is a very mild scent both as soap and cologne. It's also rather special with the aroma of a full ash tray. The funny thing is that I like the cologne even though the scent won't last longer than a couple of hours. The Harris soaps however have never been on my top list.

Marlborough indeed has that ash tray vibe going on, but the cream smells rather different from the soap/cologne. To me, the cream is kind of like sandalwood and root beer. I like the cream, but don't care for the soap. The almond fragranced products are noticeably different, as well. The cream smells of sweet marzipan, and the soap smells of bitter almond flower. If I recall, the Windsor scent is the same across the product line, though I found that the soap was so subtly fragranced that the "soapy" smell of the base overpowered the fragrance in an undesirable way.

My marlborough is all used up, but it was a very mild scent. Great soap in my book. I've got a brand new Arlington awaiting room in the soap drawer.

Am I the only one not impressed by this scent? Not that I don’t like it, just that it is not very strong. Can barely smell it when lathering. Maybe I got a dud puck?
You must have gotten one from the same batch as me, very faint scent...
-Althought I find it lathers easily with good slickness.
I bought it as a stick and face lather, so maybe thats why it lathers easily, but it was stuck in the tube and took some time to free it (after damaging the feeding screw)...
Stupid design of the stick version, -cannot leave it sticking out more than a millimeter, or the cap wont screw on.

You must have gotten one from the same batch as me, very faint scent...
-Althought I find it lathers easily with good slickness.
I bought it as a stick and face lather, so maybe thats why it lathers easily, but it was stuck in the tube and took some time to free it (after damaging the feeding screw)...
Stupid design of the stick version, -cannot leave it sticking out more than a millimeter, or the cap wont screw on.
I have the lavender in the stick, I agree that that stick design needs some work. I’m pretty sure I messed up the screw just like you.

Marlborough is a great scent.
DRHarris soaps are subtle compared to most artisan soaps but enough to be present and all very pleasing in my book.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Good stuff, you need to use it for a month to really appreciate it. Just do it!
Marlboroughvember Roll Call
Sadly, most of the pics seem to have disappeared but still, good thread.

full

full

Marlborough is my winter-time go-to. At first I fell into the "ash tray" trap, but have come to really love the cedar undertones.

All this talk about Marlborough and nice pictures...
I must try just that only for a month and see what I think then :001_smile
Dang, this site makes me buy wooden bowls...:a52:

Top Bottom