What's new

DR Harris cream how does it compares to Tobs?

Hi all I've seen a nice deal on DR Harris shaving cream Lavender & Arlington but never tried it, but I'm sure some gents in here will have some more insight on this
Thx in advance #staysafe ✌

Last edited:
Both used to be made by Creightons (which still makes T&H, GFT and STJOL).
Although current DRH compares quite favourably with current TOBS, the latter (e.g. Jermyn St, Lime Zest, Tobacco Leaf) is a bit denser and a bit slicker, ime.

In terms of hard soap, I give the nod to current DRH, vs TOBS.

^agree with above!
Having said, Arlington shave cream is a favorite!

D R Harris Arlington Simpson Boker March 2 2020.jpg

Hi peterv1

I prefer D R Harris. I haven't got any objective data to go by but their Marlborough cream was one of my earliest purchases when I started buying shaving creams and was after I'd tried TOBS sandalwood and a few other TOBS creams. I found myself reaching for Marlborough more often.

Arlington is next on the list of scents to try. Windsor is really nice as is their own Sandalwood. The soap pucks are very good quality in my opinion.

Imo d r harris is better however thats not to say tobs is bad its great as well the real answer is 1 of each

I believe TOBS, D R Harris and GFT are all owned by the same company. I've bought a sample pack for them after finishing off a TOBS sampler so in time I'll be able to give another complete review! D R Harris is more expensive than TOBS and seems to have higher scent concentrations and less preservatives etc. but wayy more artificial colour....In my guess, they'd perform almost identically but have different scent patterns/intensities etc.

I only have the Eucalyptus cream, I like to combine it with Proraso Green. It’s a great cream. I have several of their soaps and would life to get Arlington in a cream. Probably at step up from TOBS in terms of quality!

It seems softer out of the tub and works maybe a bit better. The Sandalwood DR Harris cream I have has very little scent.

Top Bottom