What's new

DR Harris Arlington after shave milk

Do any of you gents use this? I know that the Rose is quite a bit more popular ... but I haven't seen anyone review the Arlington version of after shave milk. I love the Arlington fragrance (I have the EDT) and I'm thinking it would be nice to pair that up with the after shave milk :)

Thanks, Dave

It is the same stuff, just with a different fragrance. Probably my favorite after shave formulation. The word on the street is that Harris has altered the formulation for the worse, but I haven't tried the new one. I am hoarding my current bottle of the old stuff....

Scott - would you consider this more on the "lighter" side as A/S preparations go? I do remember trying the Rose a while back and I found it to be extremely lightweight .... almost too light (which is a common complaint on that stuff). But I'm finding myself leaning more toward lighter aftershaves now anyway .... the heavier, greasy stuff just doesn't agree with me. Scott, I never see this stuff in any of your SOTD pics! ??

- Dave

It is lightweight. I use the standard version mostly; with warm weather here, though, I am using a lot of Baxters balm since I like the cooling effect. Also, as I said, I am hoarding a bit so I don't have to buy the new stuff.

Scotto said:
It is lightweight. I use the standard version mostly; with warm weather here, though, I am using a lot of Baxters balm since I like the cooling effect. Also, as I said, I am hoarding a bit so I don't have to buy the new stuff.

I'm trying to find the thread that discusses the a/s milk reformulation topic. Is there any proof that they reforumalated the stuff? Did they come out and say that they changed it?

Nine pages of hand wringing on DR Harris' reformulation. IMHO it is too bad, that is if you can believe the new formulation contents, stuff sounds more like it is suited to waging chemical warfare..

guenron said:
Nine pages of hand wringing on DR Harris' reformulation. IMHO it is too bad, that is if you can believe the new formulation contents, stuff sounds more like it is suited to waging chemical warfare..

Yeah, that topic had really everyone riled (9 pages!!) didn't it. I have tried the Rose after shave milk ... I wanted so badly to like it but it's just so thin. The scent is great ... I love the smell of roses - that wasn't an issue. There's just something wrong with that formulation -- it's way too thin. I'm guessing that the Arlington will be the same thing.

I'm a big big fan of DR Harris' line. I have the Arlington cologne, very nice fern and bergamot. In search of sandalwood cologne, I imported three HUGE (500 ml) bottles of DR Harris sandalwood aftershave from London that cost me $100 with shipping. I like it a lot but won't be using a liter and a half in a lifetime and just put one big bottle up on e-bay.

I would venture to say that that size will never be seen in the U.S. again given the difficulty of finding it in the first place and the new air transport regulations.

The harris sandalwood is another "interpretation" of sandalwood as we've talked about in past threads. A woody, herbal, tangy blend that has nice sillage and is very masculine, no florals involved at all. It is more of a cologne than an aftershave in my opinion because it has some real oomph.

Top Bottom