What's new

Dr. Bronner's Bath Soap

Just a tip from something I've been trying lately:

I really enjoy both the lavender and peppermint liquid soaps by Dr. Bronner so I've simply started using both of them at the same time... just a little of each on the bath 'poof' (or whatever they are called) and you get the best of both worlds!:cool:

Bronner's Almond and Lavender mix well together. I've also added a drop of the Peppermint to Proraso. It changed the lather a small bit, but doubled the "Proraso Chill!"

jfm said:
Bronner's Almond and Lavender mix well together. I've also added a drop of the Peppermint to Proraso. It changed the lather a small bit, but doubled the "Proraso Chill!"

That peppermint certainly has a chill (some would probably classify as 'bite'!) to it. That was my motivation for mixing the products... I want variety but I love that cool feel of the peppermint soap.

I love Dr. Bronner's soap, in bar and in liquid form. I just threw in a teaspoon or so of the liquid soap with my laundry detergent in the wash - made everything smell pleasantly minty!

I also like reading the packaging in the shower: "ALL-ONE! ONE-ALL! DILUTE! DILUTE! DILUTE! OK!".

would you say its better for your clothes than your typical laundry detergent...I have been debating buying some laundry soap from NB ever since reading how bad most can be on your clothes.

gage0921 said:
would you say its better for your clothes than your typical laundry detergent...I have been debating buying some laundry soap from NB ever since reading how bad most can be on your clothes.

Yes, I feel there is a noticeable difference, plus it doesn't contain harsh chemicals like most laundry detergents that not only can do damage to clothes but can also be irritating to your skin.

I have been using a 2nd rinse cycle just for the fact that I want to make sure all of the soap residue is out of my clothes....im asumming there would not be a need for that any more.

Do you still need to use fabric softner?

gage0921 said:
I have been using a 2nd rinse cycle just for the fact that I want to make sure all of the soap residue is out of my clothes....im asumming there would not be a need for that any more.

If what they claim on the NB site is true (no reason to think it's not), then you won't need to use a fabric softner with high quality laundry soaps.

gage0921 said:

Fabric Softener isn't needed at all. In fact, the Dr. Bronner's makes the towels softer than any softener ever did.

For the laundry, use 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup for one regular load; adjust as needed depending on hardness of water. Adding a dash of baking soda makes it even better, but try without it first.

gage0921 said:
I just added almost 1/3 for a medium sized load.....

we're all holding our breath waiting for your results.....

you must be out parading the streets proselytizing your new-found laundry methods.

LOL............ Im sold....my laundry room smelt amazing and the clothes are super soft...a little wrinkly but I can live with that. Thank you for the tip.

gage0921 said:
LOL............ Im sold....my laundry room smelt amazing and the clothes are super soft...a little wrinkly but I can live with that. Thank you for the tip.

I'm Glad it worked for you :thumbup:

Top Bottom