What's new

Downward Spiral

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Now that would be awesome. Unfortunately I doubt customs would let that slide through. Lets see what the bill from customs would be.

$2500USD = $3287CAD
Federal excise tax $7.45/50g=$6772
Ontario Tobacco tax $0.185/gm=$8408
Subtotal $18,467
+13% tax =$20,868

Much better. But then there’s the Canadian rule where you’re only allowed to have 5 200g units of unstamped tobacco in your possession. So I’d have to order 1kg at a time and hope my stash doesn’t get searched.

Forgot about shipping.

I’m starting to see the problems that everyone’s talking about at 100lbs. Lol.

Man, that’s terrible. At those prices people should start smuggling pipe tobacco instead of drugs!

It wasn’t all great. Forgot to mention that I made the mistake of picking up a pack of Borkum Riff Cherry Cavendish.

"forgot to mention"... moreso the trauma of smoking it repressed the memory in you brain :001_tt2:

Have fun with you new passion, you'll have some great time!
And whenever I argue about the prices for importing US tobaccos to Germany, I'll think of you, so it won't be as hard anymore! :a2:

Tobacco is a investment in my eyes. It only goes up in value and sometimes by quite a bit (Esoterica, Mclelland, Frog Morton, etc.) Where those that had stocked up could be living on some island somewhere sipping mai thais on the beach.

As far as buying goes, purchase what you can afford. I like to have a wide variety so it doesn't get boring and there is always something to smoke when tastes change. It can get a bit crazy if you allow it to, same goes for shaving gear, but whatever makes you happy is what you should do.

As far as buying goes, purchase what you can afford. I like to have a wide variety so it doesn't get boring and there is always something to smoke when tastes change. It can get a bit crazy if you allow it to, same goes for shaving gear, but whatever makes you happy is what you should do.
Some time back, I became concerned about the number of tins and jars I had open on the “smoking shelf”. I tried to smoke it down to a reasonable number only to realize that for me, it was futile. I now ascribe to a similar philosophy as yours; I don’t spend money I don’t have and do what makes me happy. Life is too short to do otherwise.

Some time back, I became concerned about the number of tins and jars I had open on the “smoking shelf”. I tried to smoke it down to a reasonable number only to realize that for me, it was futile. I now ascribe to a similar philosophy as yours; I don’t spend money I don’t have and do what makes me happy. Life is too short to do otherwise.

Exactly! As long as your enjoying yourself and not going into debt in the process, it's all good. I also would like to work thru some of the open tins and samples yet I cracked a new tin of Sutliff Great Outdoors this morning (decent Codger like blend, first time smoking this one) lol like you said resistance is futile :)

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Working through open stuff, is something I've got quite disciplined with, and "officially" I only have five blends on the go at once, which are smoked from five one ounce sized tins.

However, I also have ten small glass jars of around the same size, which are my medium term storage. The plan there, is to cram one full with half of a newly opened tin, to keep that half fresh, while I gradually work through the rest. However, they all have tobacco in right now, so they need smoking before I crack open a new tin/pouch. I am diligently working on that ;)

Buy online, from US sites. Pay US prices, eat the exchange rates, and keep purchases to around ~ a pound at a time. Doing this and, so far, have dodged the taxes and duties every time (that said, I have likely jinxed my next purchase). Well worth the risk of getting dinged for the occasional package.

Top Bottom