What's new

FT Downsizing - Shave hardware & software and Fountain pen ink

I have way too much stuff and need to down size. I realize this is a longshot but I am looking for higher priced items to get rid of the clutter. Here we go..

I don’t feel like pricing this stuff out so hopefully trading it will be easier. I am trying to avoid 1 for 1 trades as getting rid of this stuff is the goal. I am hoping the value of each trade will be approximately $50 or more.

I really don’t know what I am looking for. Some interests are straight razor stuff, titanium handles (maybe a Timeless crown polished or stork titanium), Razorock mamba 70 (complete head), Razorock BBS (baseplate or complete head), Razorock BBS AS (baseplate or complete head), Wolfman (heads, baseplates, or handles), ATT SE1, potentially other modern steel/titanium razors, maybe a fountain pen. The higher the value of the item you are willing to get rid of, the better the value of the trade in you favor.

Not interested in vintage DE/SE razors, shaving software, or anymore fountain pen ink SORRY! Exceptions are ABC aftershave, Unscented DG or Unscented Zingari man would be the exception.

If you are interested, let me know and I am sure we can work something out. If you need better pics let me know.

Brushes
Grizzley Bay handle (knot removed)
Razorock Bruce w/box
Razorock 400 w/protective sleeve
Stirling 2-band w/box
Metal stand
Plastic stand

(Other)
Gillette Sensor Excel 10 Blades (new)
Nivea Men – Face wash (full)
Refillable round shave stick container
Timeless Bowl

Pre- & Aftershaves
Art of Shaving Pre-shave gel - (~3/4 full)
Caswell & Massey Almond Aftershave Balm (3) - (new)
L’Occitan Aftershave Balm - (new)
Neutrogena Post Shave Balm - (~3/4 full)
Pre de Provence No.63 Aftershave Balm - (~3/4 full)

Razors
Gillette British Flair Tip (great condition)
Razorock Lupo (Aluminum)
Razorock Gamechanger 84 baseplate (used once)
Razorock Supernurl handle
Timeless .68 sb top cap and baseplate (from scratch and dent) (excellent condition w/ one in the polishing (can’t feel it) on bottom of baseplate)

Soaps & Creams
Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream - (~1/2 full)
Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel (3) - (2 full, 1 ~¾ full)
Cella (from brick) in glass bowl
Saponificio Veresino 4.3 – Manna di Sicilia w/ all box and papers - (~1/2 used)
Tabac w/tallow in ceramic w/box - (~3/4 to 7/8 full)
Samples (see pics)

Ink (all have 1 c/c amount removed)
Diamine for Cult Pens – Deep Dark Blue
DeAtramentis - Document Brown
DeAtramentis - Document Yellow
Franklin Christoph - Spanish Blue
Pilot – Blue (~3/4 left)
Robert Oster – Australian Sky Blue
Samples (tons if they interest you)

20211110_154042.jpg

20211110_161525.jpg

20211110_162245.jpg

Last edited:
Accepting offers. Make your own package of what you want as long as it is above $25. I'm going to try to put some prices on higher priced stuff and what is still available.

$40 - All ink
$40 - Grizzly Bay handle (knot removed)
$18 - Razorock Lupo (Aluminum)
$22 - Razorock Gamechanger 84 baseplate (used once)
$110 - Timeless .68 sb top cap and baseplate (from scratch and dent)

Brushes
Razorock Bruce w/box
Razorock 400 w/protective sleeve
Stirling 2-band w/box
Metal stand
Plastic stand

(Other)
Nivea Men – Face wash (full)
Refillable round shave stick container

Pre- & Aftershaves
Art of Shaving Pre-shave gel - (~3/4 full)
Caswell & Massey Almond Aftershave Balm (3) - (new)
L’Occitan Aftershave Balm - (new)
Neutrogena Post Shave Balm - (~3/4 full)
Pre de Provence No.63 Aftershave Balm - (~3/4 full)

Soaps & Creams
Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream - (~1/2 full)
Cella (from brick) in glass bowl
Saponificio Veresino 4.3 – Manna di Sicilia w/ all box and papers - (~1/2 used)
Tabac w/tallow in ceramic w/box - (~3/4 to 7/8 full)
Samples (see pics)

Guess you didn't like the Aluminum Lupo either.
Sorry.

But I love the Merkur 33C. In fact I'd love it so much 2 months ago I added a 34C. The 33C & 34C have become my favorite every day razors.

Guess you didn't like the Aluminum Lupo either.
Sorry.

But I love the Merkur 33C. In fact I'd love it so much 2 months ago I added a 34C. The 33C & 34C have become my favorite every day razors.
There is a lot to unpack with that :) - It is a feeling unlike any other razor I own (and I've owned a bunch). It really mows down hair indiscriminately. It actually reminds me of an SE in that respect especially since of the stiff blade clamp. That being said, blade feel is a bit much for me. I may have not given it the proper testing with blades though. However, sometimes I just want a razor where I can throw whatever I have lying around in it and do my thing. I don't mind testing but it is a real grind sometimes.

Also - I just have too much stuff. We just moved and my wife looked at me like while telepathically saying you are hoarder of the worst kind. This is just the first box of shaving stuff I have and its not my only hobby.

I am also trying to get into the straight razor game which requires even more stuff. I am not really sure why since I am trying to downgrade but I look at those cut throats and I think - I want to learn how to do that. Its irrational really. Oh well.

With all that being said - I am very happy to hear you like the Merkur straight bar heads!!! I prefer mild heads and I can certainly appreciate it as well! You should get some fun titanium handles for your 3-piece. They would pair up very well I think.

Its nice to settle into stuff (maybe get a back up razor or 2) and just enjoy. I have done that several times since joining B&B. My first razor that I think I went like YEARS using without trying something out was the Merkur 11c (open comb variety of the 34c). I actually still have it because its a bit sentimental and no longer produced. I got the 3-piece equivalent as well that I still use for head shaves. Trying new stuff is the fun of it all. Even if it doesn't work out, it did satisfied my curiosity. Thanks again!

Top Bottom