What's new

"Downgraded" from Walther PPQ to P99

I sold all of my guns, including a new PPQ, and a month later regretted it. I opted for a P99 in OD green as a replacement, and am very happy with it. Basically same specs as the PPQ, but different trigger. That's about it. Not really a downgrade. Great pistol. Anyone else sell off, then regret it? What did you replace it with?

I’ve thought about selling off most of my guns and just keeping 1 each (shotgun, rifle and pistol). But I am a reloader and bullet caster as well and figure if I sold off most of my guns I wouldn’t have the enjoyment of casting and reloading for some not so popular calibers.

Glad you got a pistol you’re comfortable with. I love it when a shooter finds their pistol no matter brand/caliber.

Man, why would you sell off all of your guns? I do my best never to sell anything I don't have a strong dislike for. I sold a 24" varminter AR upper that I wish I'd have kept. Not much else.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I sold all of my guns, including a new PPQ, and a month later regretted it. I opted for a P99 in OD green as a replacement, and am very happy with it. Basically same specs as the PPQ, but different trigger. That's about it. Not really a downgrade. Great pistol. Anyone else sell off, then regret it? What did you replace it with?

I have a couple of sold firearm regrets also. I sold a Glock 19 Gen2 I had for over 20 years. I immediately replaced it with a Gen4, just miss it mostly for sentimental reasons.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I sold most of my guns when I was young and had no money. I truly regret each sale, they are either no longer available or very expensive as collector pieces now. I mostly regret selling a couple of blue steel S&W revolvers, an N frame Highway Patrolman .357 mag. and a 2 1/2 in M 19 .357 mag. They have essentially been replaced with a S&W 686 and a 66 in stainless, but they just aren't the same. I'll never sell another gun, with the current political climate, my heirs will get my guns, guns that they probably will not be able to get (eventually?) on their own.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Have yet to sell a gun. Hope I never find myself in a position of needing cash. It saddens me that my only child has no desire to shoot. I may leave them to a nephew.

I sold an AR that I fitted with a 2-stage trigger. I am kicking myself. The Vepr-12 shotgun was cool, but completely unnecessary. Miss the AR.

I used to have a Browning Buckmark Hunter .22 that I sold, simply because I upgraded to a Walther PPQ and saw little practical use for the Buckmark. It was a sweet little gun though and if I had bought a Browning 1911 .22 instead of the Buckmark, I may have kept it.

I've only sold three guns. One I bought on a whim and never really shot much. I don't really regret that one; I just never really took a liking to it the way I thought I would. One wasn't a great gun but I had it for a long time, and I replaced it with a better gun. I regret selling that one mostly for sentimental reasons. The other was a gun that I hated shooting, and didn't shoot well, but it was a decent gun. That's probably the one I regret selling the most.

Top Bottom