What's new

Down to three corn cob pipes

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Just needs a good cleaning and the O-ring and the spit trap/pipe cleaner thingy
I have extra bowl gaskets that I bought from GQ in England if you need one.
The pipe cleaner thingy - you can make them easily enough by clipping a pipe cleaner section and bending it.
I think there's a thread here somewhere on that. I'll look.

EDIT: Here

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
I have extra bowl gaskets that I bought from GQ in England if you need one.
The pipe cleaner thingy - you can make them easily enough by clipping a pipe cleaner section and bending it.
I think there's a thread here somewhere on that. I'll look.

EDIT: Here

Oh that is COOL!! Do the O-Rings do anything other than keep you from over tightening? Seems to seal OK without it.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Oh that is COOL!! Do the O-Rings do anything other than keep you from over tightening? Seems to seal OK without it.
The gasket (it's more flat than o-ring type) is the seal between the bowl and the pipe. I've had a few that sealed up ok without the gasket when cool, but tended to open up due to dissimilar expansion rate when heated.
Guess you could just try and see how it goes.

I read somewhere that an advantage to the gasket is a bit more airflow especially when using the dry rings because the bowl sits a bit higher. Something to experiment with….

My old Falcon pipe has never used an O-ring. It didn't come with one as an estate pipe. I didn't even know it was supposed to have one. I've tried mine with both the dry ring and without and mine works better without.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
I have two cobs in rotation this time of year. It’s the quintessential outdoor and yard pipe. If the dog steals it, I don’t chase her quite as briskly.

And I always keep a bag of five or six new $5 cobs on hand for visitors who want to try a puff.

For whatever reason, I never took to modular pipes such as a Falcon.

I have two cobs in rotation this time of year. It’s the quintessential outdoor and yard pipe. If the dog steals it, I don’t chase her quite as briskly.

And I always keep a bag of five or six new $5 cobs on hand for visitors who want to try a puff.

For whatever reason, I never took to modular pipes such as a Falcon.

That's what I figure. My brother smokes an occasional cigar, and I'd like to offer him a fresh cob next time he visits.

Top Bottom