What's new

Down to my last six DE blades

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
When Mike is down to his last 6 Arko pucks I'll start to worry. 😁
I'm down to my last 17 soaps and wouldn't you know it I'm all out of Arko. "How did that happen" I hear you cry, my answer is that I was tired of my bathroom smelling like a public convenience.

On the subject of blades however I don't think I have more than a mere 700 so I need to look for my next 100 purchase

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I am down to about eighty of my 100 Lab Blues. So it will be a year or two before I get more. My puck of MdC is disappearing slowly, down less than a quarter since Christmas. Whatever hits bottom, I can always squeeze another week out of it, long enough for a new supply to arrive.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Let’s see…. Today is May 9th. In ten days I’ll be 70. Until relatively recently, I didn’t really think in lifetime terms, but I do now.

If I make it to 80 in excellent health, I’ll be OK with that. Even better if I’m doing well at 85. I don’t hope for much more than that.

I hope the same for my wife.

I think that was when I had 195 KCG blades. I ordered 100 Tigers and after that ordered 100 more. I would have sleeping issues if I were down to single digits.

I am actually working the other way - I think I will buy extra blades to make sure I actually have a life time of blades.

I definitely get the not stocking up if this no longer is your thing.

Cheers,

Guido
Probably gives you the shakes too, if you ever dipped below 100.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
The astronomically high numbers of blades various folk have stashed make me wonder if they might have been happier putting that money into a high dollar razor, a high end brush, or a few tubs of a luxury soap. Or two bottles of great bourbon of vintage Port.

I don't know how many blades I have as they are in short-term storage right now, but I'm guessing it's around the 100-150 range and between the 80+ GEM PTFEs and my straights, I probably have enough to last a long time if not my lifetime at the rate I use them. Considering that I'm on shave 9 on a vintage Spoiler with 2-3 blades left in the dispenser I'm good for a bit, and in a bit I'll have access to some of the modern blades I have as well as my stash of English Wilkinson Sword and Gillette Spoilers. English Wilkies were my favorite, but the last two months using the Spoilers, I'd have to say they're pretty equal.

I think I'd break out in hives if my blade stash got down to single digits! This lot should tide me over for a wee while though 😉

IMG_20230512_163937103~2.jpg

Top Bottom