What's new

Down the rabbit hole i go...

Hello B&B I hope everybody is in good health and spirit as you take the time to read my first post! My name is Jack, and I am very happy to have stumbled upon this community and the knowledge within. I have been shaving my head for about 6 months and have as the title states, fallen down a beautifuly deep and neverending hole. I shave daily, sometimes in the morning and sometimes at night and if we're are being honest... sometimes twice a day because why not! Life is short. I use a new to me Gillette Tech Ball-End from early 40s as my daily and i absoulty love this lil guy with a Feather blade (all I use and have used) I have taken to DE razors and in particular the look of the Vintage Gillettes. I have recently acquired a few goodies in the past cpl weeks such as a 59 fatboy E4, 66 slim J1 and the list is not getting any shorter. My NEED to aquire is strong and the list is certainly growing! Currently eyeballing a Black Beauty and couple of very nice looking Starbursts but may hold out until i am able to find a pink one versus the droves of the blue or champagne the universe seems to provide. Maybe i'll just purchase all 3?! For the soaps/aftershaves I have picked up a little of everything to find what I like and what works best for myself. I AM IN LOVE WITH MENTHOL. I can't get enough, and accordingly, thats what I've been filling my shelves with especially in regards to AS. Wet The Face Cold Fusion so far my favorite and the AS is heavenly. Sometimes, more often than not, I mix aftershaves like BnM Terrow w/ Cold Fusion 🥶 I've used almost half a bottle of the cold fusion in 2 weeks time. I honestly and truly do i wish I that had a bucketfull of the stuff so i could dunk my head in it multiple times a day!! I use a bowl to lather (symmetrical pottery) and so far I've accumulated a Zenith pro big boar 28x57mm B28 and an Omega 10048. Thank you for taking time out of your day to read if and if you've made it this far, then once again, i am excited to share my journey with you. I welcome all the knowledge, input and recommendations. I wish nothing but good health and happiness to you all and your family's. Cheers.

Welcome to B &B Jack. At least you’re aware you’ve stumbled into bottomless rabbit hole.
If you care to enhance your rabbit hole experience even further get interested in straight razor shaving. You might as well not deprive yourself of anything but the full experience!!!! Hehehe

Welcome to B &B Jack. At least you’re aware you’ve stumbled into bottomless rabbit hole.
If you care to enhance your rabbit hole experience even further get interested in straight razor shaving. You might as well not deprive yourself of anything but the full experience!!!! Hehehe
I fear for the back of my head if I were to use a straight razor. Lol I don't knick myself often, however, it does happen from time to time especially when shaving on an more aggressive setting such as 8+ with my adjustables. I would love to give a straight razor a try at some point in the near future.

I fear for the back of my head if I were to use a straight razor. Lol I don't knick myself often, however, it does happen from time to time especially when shaving on an more aggressive setting such as 8+ with my adjustables. I would love to give a straight razor a try at some point in the near future.
I’m not a head shaver nor do I know of any of the head shavers using straights for that purpose.
However I strongly urge you to try a truly shave ready straight for the experience. It’s really a whole new experience! Just don’t sink a ton of money in from the beginning in case it’s not for you!

Welcome to B&B and the Rabbit Hole.

D3793796-F5A4-4949-A3EC-5A9E37D26BD8.jpeg

I’m not a head shaver nor do I know of any of the head shavers using straights for that purpose.
However I strongly urge you to try a truly shave ready straight for the experience. It’s really a whole new experience! Just don’t sink a ton of money in from the beginning in case it’s not for you!
I have champagne taste, unfortunatly. I cannot promise anything in regards to being frugal. Lol

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome to the forum from Australia and thanks for checking in with us and sharing your thoughts with us.

Welcome to B&B @COdiak

In that case it sounds like you need an Executive, some MdC, and maybe a Shavemac. Pamper yourself.
The Shavemac may have to wait for the time being, but an Executive will be in my hands/collection sooner than later! The MdC Vétyver and Argume limited scents have caught my eye.. Thank you for helping me spend my money 🤣

Top Bottom