What's new

Dovo shaving brushes

Since I got my Dovo Micarta razor I keep looking at the matching brush. But I can't find any reviews or much written about them was wondering what the members here thought of the Dovo brushes ?

The handles are ok, but an odd shape that fit few standard brush and razor stands except where the handle and the knot meet. The brush knot is of a good grade of silvertip badger, fairly dense, with a knot size of 22mm, and a loft of 56mm. Overall though, the brush feels a bit floppy compared to some others, such as a Rooney. To the best of my knowledge the brushes are actually made for Dovo by H.L. Thaeter, which is a highly regarded maker.

Jim - what about the Dovo Olive wood brush? Are they made by the same manufacturer?

The handles are ok, but an odd shape that fit few standard brush and razor stands except where the handle and the knot meet. The brush knot is of a good grade of silvertip badger, fairly dense, with a knot size of 22mm, and a loft of 56mm. Overall though, the brush feels a bit floppy compared to some others, such as a Rooney. To the best of my knowledge the brushes are actually made for Dovo by H.L. Thaeter, which is a highly regarded maker.

I've got one, I also have a pair of nice Dovo Micartas(white and black, Thanks Jim)
I have been using the brush for about three years now. It works great with creams, and at least OK for hard soaps. It hasn't lost any hairs, that I have noticed. It is in a four brush-two week rotation, so it does get a good rest period.

Top Bottom