What's new

dovo shavette

ok so i just got my shavette in. i did a 3 pass test shave with relative no issues. it cam to having to go against the grain on the neck right side i have to go right to left on neck to go go atg and left to right on the ofther side. i tried and couldent find a sucessful way of holding the razor to get an eazy comfortable shave going atg on the neck. anyone else have this issue and some solutions on how to get around it. got 3 cuts from it earlier

I tend to use the same grips, strokes and passes with the Shavette that I use with the straight razors.

Similar thing going on below the chin, except mine is asymmetrical and keeps going right to left ATG all the way around. I catch some of it with the first N-S pass (standard grip), some more with the pass that goes S-N (reversed standard grip), more on effectively the same pass with a partial relathering along the jawline and under the nose side-to-centre on both sides (forefinger on the spine), and some more on the third pass which starts N-S and involves a bit of tidying, including a NE-SW stroke below the chin with the opposite hand (standard grip) and my head flipped back like a pedal bin.

Not suggesting it'll be the same for everyone (anyone?) else, and it doesn't always get the last bit of sandpaper - there are some angles when the edge is just too long to cut the hair without digging in somewhere else. The straight razors are definitely more forgiving than the shavette - my preference with that is black insert + 65mm TSS3, though I've also used the clear insert and half an Astra SP.

I suppose the short version is "same as a straight razor".

ok so i just got my shavette in. i did a 3 pass test shave with relative no issues. it cam to having to go against the grain on the neck right side i have to go right to left on neck to go go atg and left to right on the ofther side. i tried and couldent find a sucessful way of holding the razor to get an eazy comfortable shave going atg on the neck. anyone else have this issue and some solutions on how to get around it. got 3 cuts from it earlier
@Sukeroku shared this video with me. At the 5 minute mark he begins his 2nd pass. On the neck, he holds the blade at an angle, not perfectly vertical, to move across the neck.

Top Bottom