What's new

Dovo shave cream

Anyone here tried it yet?

I looked in the reviews section, but couldnt see any write ups.

It comes in Eucalyptus, Mint or Almond

http://www.shaving-shack.com/shop/product.php?productid=2676&cat=0&page=1
proxy.php

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I did not but their shave soap is on my list!

Not only have I tried it, the Dovo creams are by far my favorites.

I have all three (I received samples for mint and eucalyptus from VB) and I just love them all. The scents are quite mild and restrained, so if you like a strongly scented product, look elsewhere.

The Dovos are not really creams, and not really soaps, more like croaps. The consistency is quite dense and you only need a snurdlette to get masses of lather. I use a spoon to scrape out some cream, then go at it with my brush. It definitely takes more work to get lather than, say, TOBs or NB creams, but I also find the Dovos to be much less touchy about how much water you add.

The lather is, for me, second to none. It is extremely dense and extremely slick. So slick, that using Dovo cream already cost me one shaving bowl. I picked up my bowl by the edge and it slipped right out of my hand and shattered. Oh well.

The shaves are so good, I can't really explain it. I no longer get ANY irritation at all; aftershave products are now merely for scent and conditioning, not for soothing.

The best thing about the Dovo creams for me is the way my face feels after a shave. How to describe it? I can only say that after a shave, my face doesn't feel any different than before. No dryness or tightness, no irritation, nothing.

FYI, I have been using Dovo croaps for about 3 weeks. I have tried TOBs and NB in the meantime, and they just don't give me as smooth a shave.

I've tried dozens for creams, and, so far, the Dovos are the best for me.

I concur with the above. Having used the mint cream for some time now it is giving excellent results time after time.

I tried the Eucalyptus cream this morning and boy was I surprised! My first impressions when opening the bowl were somewhat ambiguous: strange texture and colour (more of a hummus-like mixture than a shave cream) and unidentifiable smell. But when I started to lather I realised how good this stuff is! Never experienced such a slick lather, not even with soaps! The blade just slided naturally on the skin. Incredible! And the eucalyptus scent turned out to be magnificent! All in all, excellent SC. I think I might try the mint one, farther down the road.
Only setback: Due to its natural ingredients, the cream has a very short-lived expiration date after opening - 6 months! Oh well, can't win in all fronts.

Last edited:
Face or bowl lather, boar or badger works every time. Dense, slick cushion inspires confidence and delivers close shaves. Almost no irritation in the last month since I've been using Dovo. Dovo delivers in one product what I have been uber/super/layering with other soaps and creams to get. Works for me. Got it from Superior Shave.

I just snagged a tub of mint, looking forward to trying it soon. :001_cool:

*Update*

I did try it this morning and it is very nice. A "croap", I'm thinking it would be perfect to take on vacation.

The mint scent is nice but subtle but there is enough mint oil to provide a cooling effect. A thick and slick lather rather than one that explodes into masses of of foam.

No wonder straight razor users like it...:thumbup1:

Last edited:
Got a tub of the eucalyptus in trade from another B&B member. I had a chance to use it all this week. I have to say I really like this stuff. The lather is dense and slick. This has got to be one of the most protective lathers I have used. Absolutely no irritation or razor burn after a 4 pass shave with touch ups. Afterward your face just feels good. I don't here much about Dovo shave cream on here and wonder why. It is a sensational product. This is one I will definitely be buying some more of.

Does the eucalyptus smell like proraso? I find proraso to smell medicinally and synthetic, so that would be a bit of a turnoff. I've seen that most people are really praising the eucalyptus performance-wise; does anyone know if the performance is similar across scents (because it looks like they all use the different natural oils instead of just changing fragrances between scents)?

Does the eucalyptus smell like proraso? I find proraso to smell medicinally and synthetic, so that would be a bit of a turnoff. I've seen that most people are really praising the eucalyptus performance-wise; does anyone know if the performance is similar across scents (because it looks like they all use the different natural oils instead of just changing fragrances between scents)?

The scent to me is kind of middle of the road. Maybe a little synthetic smelling..but not bad. It is a very "clean" scent. I haven't owned proraso in a couple of years so cant really judge the similarity to it. The scent is definitely growing on me....maybe just because it performs so well:)........I wouldn't think there would be a performance difference across the scents but would be interested if anyone that has used them all would chime in on this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom