What's new

Dovo Prima Klang Extra Full Hollow?

Not a bad thread to "wake up." :) I had a prima klang (my first new production straight actually). Very nice razors ime.

The Prima Klang sings a little more and is offered paired with premium wood. I also enjoy all three of the above blades. The BL always seems a little sharper. I think that is because a touch of extra care is prudent with the spike point. A little inattention with the round noses rarely bites back.

Legion

Staff member
The Prima Klang is the only modern production razor I still own. It doesn't really get much face time, not that there is anything wrong with it, I just get more excited by vintage razors. Good quality though. Nice blue tin.

I got the Prima Klang yesterday from SRD and shaved with it this morning. It is an extremely fine Razor and did a great job with my limited skill (3 months). It is more sensitive to angle and pressure, but followed my face with ease (which isn't always true). I think it's a good bargain for the sub $200 price.

View attachment 371596

Nice bar towel. I use them all the time when shaving. A necessary and underrated tool IMO. My beard being very coarse, Jarrod advised me to pick up a Prima Klang a couple of years back, and it's been a very good razor ever since. Really gets close. If only it came in a square point version, although yours looks more "square" than mine.

Nice bar towel. I use them all the time when shaving. A necessary and underrated tool IMO. My beard being very coarse, Jarrod advised me to pick up a Prima Klang a couple of years back, and it's been a very good razor ever since. Really gets close. If only it came in a square point version, although yours looks more "square" than mine.
Not a fan of Dovo B L but love the Dovo Prima Klang,i can just get it sharper,and it shaves like the great Boker 4/8 ,it just follows the face.I could not get the Bergisher Lowe as sharp it might be the Swedish alloy steel i could not get on with.

Not a fan of Dovo B L but love the Dovo Prima Klang,i can just get it sharper,and it shaves like the great Boker 4/8 ,it just follows the face.I could not get the Bergisher Lowe as sharp it might be the Swedish alloy steel i could not get on with.
Not the new boker 4/8

Top Bottom