What's new

Dovo Palisander from The Superior Shave?

Can anyone give me feedback on buying from superior shave??

Newb experience, but I dealt with him right before Christmas and he was busy but responsive. He answered questions and shipped quickly. Since the Palisander's were about to run out, I did ask if he had more to restock with when those were gone--maybe he didn't quite understand my question as he said no, but as soon as they were gone there were more up on the site? I would give him the benefit of the doubt on this though as again it was right before Christmas. Edge on blade was shave-ready with stropping. Hope this helps.

Superior Shave is a superior vendor. Jarrod (owner) is straightforward and knowledgeable. I have made multiple purchases from him, never disappointed.

Ships fast, has good prices. Also he has good items available.

However, he wasn't always the friendliest to talk to...hates Canadians :( and I personally did not like the edge I got on my razor.

Ships fast, has good prices. Also he has good items available.

However, he wasn't always the friendliest to talk to...hates Canadians :( and I personally did not like the edge I got on my razor.

Yeah seemed very annoyed that I called him even though it was his system that screwed up and lost my order... He was basically saying I didn't order it correctly... But I got an invoice and receipt! Anyways... I've decided against the palisander unless I can find one for cheap...

Just curious, how do you know he dislikes Canadians?

He had a big Facebook rant, of all places. I have no idea why he made it so public. He basically stated we are all a bunch of whiners and complainers (his words.) I would rather say no more.

I've ordered a couple times from TSS. No problems. I'd happily purchase from him again.

As as far as the palisanders showing up right after he told you there were no more available, he is at the mercy of the manufacturer. He gets them when they get around to making them. Based on comments he's made on his website, it sounds like he doesn't know what they are sending or when until it arrives at his door.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
He had a big Facebook rant, of all places. I have no idea why he made it so public. He basically stated we are all a bunch of whiners and complainers (his words.) I would rather say no more.

Well, you would be whining and complaining about his facebook rant, it you did. Which would make you a whiner/complainer! :laugh:

It might have something to do with some of the same problems I have with Canada. First of all, every bad weather report in New Orleans in the winter begins with the words, "A large cold air mass coming down from Canada". Second, your whiskey has no character at all. If you made your whiskey taste like bourbon, it would be very good. Third, I still haven't quite figured out Canadian Bacon. OTOH, we are not up to our eyeballs with illegal aliens from Canada, so that's good, and the handful that do, speakee our language. We haven't fought a war in quite a long time except for the low intensity cod and lobster wars, but those weren't regular Americans mixing it up with Canadians, anyway. Those were mostly just Yankees. There is a Canadian cuisine restaurant across the street from my Marina, called the Maple Café, but so far nobody I know has gone in there. What should I expect, If I do? Canadian bacon with maple syrup? I guess that would be okay, with some grits alongside it. Oh, wait... <head palm> You probably don't have grits up there. You poor misfortunates. But I doubt he actually hates Canadians. How could anybody hate Canadians? Really. You guys are okay with me.

But puh-LEEZE do something about that whiskey. BLEAGH!!!

I can't stand Canadian Whiskey. Believe me, I don't drink it! I much prefer good quality rum.

As to whining and complaining...well I wouldn't have mentioned it if I wasn't asked up above about why he dislikes (hates?) Canadians. To each his own.

Canadians can be a fun sort..I mean how can you call them stodgy when the basic Canadian currency is called a "looney"??

And would you know? All along there was a Palisander sitting there on B/S/T in Germany, just waiting for me :biggrin1:

(It should be in its way to me next week!)

Mine arrived. I can't speak for the complications some others have experienced. I ordered mine, paid and it got delivered.

As far as the razor goes, it horribly turned up 5 minutes after I finished shaving and I haven't been able to use it. Aesthetically at least, it looks gorgeous.

I have had only great experiences ordering from TSS. Ships quick, packs your stuff very well, and I love the individual pictures of items.

I used mine today and the edge Jarrod gave was great, love the blade seems easier to use the heel portion for portions of my face. It's a great razor at a nice price. I've never had a problem when dealing with Jarrod easy to talk to and fast shipping, what more could a person ask for.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I've bought from Jarrod many times over the years and have always been happy with his advice and knowledge. Shipping is fast too.

Cheers, Steve

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I used mine today and the edge Jarrod gave was great, love the blade seems easier to use the heel portion for portions of my face. It's a great razor at a nice price. I've never had a problem when dealing with Jarrod easy to talk to and fast shipping, what more could a person ask for.

I've noticed that too about the heel. I have a goatee and appreciate a useful heel on a razor.

Cheers, Steve

Yeah seemed very annoyed that I called him even though it was his system that screwed up and lost my order... He was basically saying I didn't order it correctly... But I got an invoice and receipt! Anyways... I've decided against the palisander unless I can find one for cheap...
I have ordered several items from TSS, never had a problem

Heespharm-Jarod had an explanation/apology on his FB page directed at you

My grandfather was one of them Canadians. In my memory he always wore a three piece suit and a scowl. To call the misanthropic vitriol that spilled from his lips whining and complaining would be an understatement. He kept an empty Crown Royal bottle on hand, still in its blue felt pouch. When company came, he'd fill it with cheap stuff: Seagram's or Canadian Club. I think all three of those whiskeys are full of character, each its own sort, and pity the man who scoffs at rye.

I had a Dovo Palisander that I got from Jarrod at TSS. It got sent to the wrong address owing to my mistake and he was perfectly civil during the whole shenanigans, if something less than effusive at first. But having dealt with customers who make ridiculous demands and insist on always being right, I may be prejudiced in his favor on that score. I've certainly seen instances of what might have got him his reputation as, shall we say, irascible, but again, the inability to suffer fools gladly isn't necessarily a liability in my book.

Never did like the way that blade shaved, even after Krodor put a new edge on it, so I sold it. No use hanging onto stuff that makes us whine and complain.

I have ordered several items from TSS, never had a problem

Heespharm-Jarod had an explanation/apology on his FB page directed at you

Yeah I responded... It was just a large technical foul up...

Kinda a weird way to respond to the situation... But at least he made an effort to explain what happened whether it was my fault his fault, computers fault, it doesn't matter... He's alright by me!

Top Bottom