What's new

Dovo Palisander from The Superior Shave?

Attachments

• $Dovo Flowing.jpg
    $Dovo Flowing.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 244
I'm thinking of starting with a straight and this is top of the list. I love the minimalist look with no markings on the blade.

I ordered one of these from Jarrod earlier in the week (#24 in the set off memory). I can't speak for the quality of the razor since it hasn't arrived but I am extremely excited to receive a package in the mail!

This I will say too: As a guy living in Australia, free worldwide shipping makes The Superior Shave a go-to vendor for me. That's a heck of a deal.

Last edited:
I really like the look of that Palisander - I've just been put off by having to take the risk of possible loss in International mail (and insured mail is way too expensive).

I do eventually want to add a nice Dovo to my selection, and I love that shape - I might end up getting a Bismarck instead, even though I'm less keen on its ornate decoration.

The Carre fits between the two in terms of ornamentation. I just don't have much interest in a laser etched spine, or I might have picked up one of those over the Palisander.

The Carre fits between the two in terms of ornamentation. I just don't have much interest in a laser etched spine, or I might have picked up one of those over the Palisander.

That's true, yes. I agree about the laser etching, though - not overly keen on it. But at least it hasn't got gold all over it.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I really like the look of that Palisander - I've just been put off by having to take the risk of possible loss in International mail (and insured mail is way too expensive).

I do eventually want to add a nice Dovo to my selection, and I love that shape - I might end up getting a Bismarck instead, even though I'm less keen on its ornate decoration.

A little sandpaper can fix that.

A little sandpaper can fix that.

Hehe, yes - hadn't thought of that :biggrin1:

I might just take the shipping risk one of these days, cos for me the Palisander is by far the best-looking Dovo I've seen - and Jarrod says nothing has ever gone missing so far on its way to the UK.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Got mine today, pretty nice. No shave yet, but the edge Jarrod put on it is HHT 4 or plus. Should shave nicely.

Cheers, Steve

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Got mine Christmas Eve, 3 days from TSS to Knoxville, that's typical and not bad for the holiday rush. Has a nice edge to boot.

Cheers, Steve

Boo I'm not getting one now... I paid or at least I thought I did... Got the invoice via email, but nothing ended up being charged to my card and they can't find my invoice number on file... So I guess I'm not going to get a palisander anymore...at first I was upset especially since the guy on the phone was kinda in helpful and lazy... It's a sign ... Instead I took the money and bought a heljestrand mk31 for less money... I think it was a better use of funds seeing as I already have the Bismarck and it's a better razor

My Palisander was the first razor I bought after a very long, many year hiatus from straight razors (my first ever was a Hoffritz which I somehow lost, sigh.)

It has proven to be an excellent razor. Good edge, fine aesthetics, decent price. A little Ballistol (or similar oil) should be used here though because it can be prone to rusting more easily than my other blades for some reason. Those little silicone bags Jarrod sells are quite effective and well worth the cost.

Top Bottom