What's new

Dovo/Merkur Bankrupt

According to the referred newspaper article (post#1) the provisional insolvency administrator is looking for a new investor in order to continue business - so not all hope is lost as yet.

There was talk on another shaving forum that Dovo and Merkur are two different entities (and Merkur is not affected by Dovo´s insolvency). But I don´t know if this is correct.
I have serious misgivings about this “two different entities” claim as I wrote earier today here (go to post number 11):

B.

Translated from German by google

Ulrich Wiethoff (CEO da Dovo / Merkur)

yes, the transformation of the markets in recent years has hit us hard. Falling sales and low orders for this year prompted the shareholders of DOVO Stahlwaren GmbH & Co. KG to file for bankruptcy. This is unfortunate with a 114 year tradition but somehow corresponds to the change we are all experiencing in many areas of life.

I would like to emphasize that the independent company MERKUR Stahlwaren GmbH & Co. KG is exempt from this. Operation is independent of DOVO.

Production is currently back to 100% after a 'corona break', thus ensuring that the markets are supplied for the next few months.
In recent years, new owners have been sought for DOVO as part of the succession, unfortunately without success. I personally hope that the current situation will appeal to new prospects and that someone will still enjoy running the brand and many unique products.

As we have discussed before, the only thing we need is 'sales', we live on it with all employees and suppliers.

Original

Ulrich Wiethoff (CEO da Dovo/Merkur)

ja, die Transformation der Märkte aus den letzten Jahren hat uns hart getroffen. Sinkende Umsätze und geringe Aufträge für dieses Jahr haben die Gesellschafter der Fa. DOVO Stahlwaren GmbH & Co. KG dazu bewogen, die Insolvenz zu beantragen. Das ist mit einer 114 jährigen Tradition bedauerlich entspricht irgendwie aber dem Wandel den wir gerade alle in vielen Bereichen des Lebens erfahren.

Ich möchte hier deutlich hervorheben, dass die eigenständige Firma MERKUR Stahlwaren GmbH & Co. KG davon ausgenommen ist. Der Betrieb ist unabhängig von DOVO.

Aktuell läuft die Produktion nach einer 'Coronapause' wieder zu 100%, damit ist die Versorgung der Märkte für die nächsten Monate gesichert.
In den letzten Jahren wurden im Zuge der Nachfolge neue Eigentümer für DOVO gesucht, leider ohne Erfolg. Ich habe persönlich die Hoffnung, dass mit der aktuellen Situation neue Interessenten angesprochen werden und doch noch jemand Spaß daran hat die Marke und viele einmalige Produkte weiter zu führen.

Wie wir schon mal besprochen haben, ist das einzige was wir benötigen 'Verkauf' davon leben wir mit allen Mitarbeitern und Lieferanten.

Dovo/Merkur filed for bankruptcy - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/dovo-merkur-filed-for-bankruptcy.586846/page-5#post-10676839

Last edited:
Top Bottom