What's new

Dovo DE blade

Hello, the blades I use daily are Merkur blades. Unfortunately they are no longer made in Germany but in the Czech Republic and do not have a good reputation.

Looking for blades to replace them, I found that there are Dovo branded blades that are still made in Germany. Is there anyone who has tried them because I can't find a test anywhere about Dovo blades.

Didn’t even know Dovo distributed double edge blades, but they do show up on the Dovo website.

As Dovo and Merkur are linked, chances are that Dovo DE blades are made by the same company that makes the Merkur blades and it all depends whether you can find “old stock”.

You could try Amazon Germany: https://www.amazon.de/Platinum-Rostfrei-Rasierklingen-Dovo-Stainless/dp/B084MKTRRM/ref=sr_1_4?crid=CLKM5OJ7S859&keywords=dovo+rasierklingen&qid=1659720764&sprefix=Dovo+rasierklingen,aps,135&sr=8-4

They still have a few in stock and the vendor says they are “Made in Germany”.
The question is, will they ship to you.
If they don’t, you could click on “anderen Verkäufern” (other sellers) on: “Zu einem niedrigeren Preis bei anderen Verkäufern erhältlich, die eventuell keinen kostenlosen Premiumversand anbieten.”

You can log with an existing (home) Amazon account into foreign Amazon websites and make purchases.

If you allow me, not many (me included) care much for Merkur blades around here, they are not exactly cheap, and are you sure you don’t want to try some easier to find blades?

B.

Last edited:
Thank you for reply to my question, I contacted the company Dovo who assured me that now the Merkur blades are all made in the Czech Republic.

All the blade dealers I have contacted only sell Czech blades but always show pictures of blades made in Germany. Dovo manufacture their blades in Germany but I have never seen any comments on these blades.

And obviously, I tried dozens of different blades but it is the Merkur that I prefer.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
The Superior shave sells the Dovo and has some details on the blades as far Merkur production moving and the the production of these. And of course Dovo people you talked to could elaborate on the Dovo blades. Personally, if you liked the Merkur that much, I'd get a tuck of the Dovo and see if they are the same or close and then get more or keep looking for a replacement.

Sorry but transport fees are to high to give a try. Now i switched to Astra platinium with surprisely better results and longevity

Update on Dovo blades:
I tried the Dovo's, Merkur Super (Made in Germany) and Croma blades.
The only good ones are the Dovo's out of the 3! Super sharp and partially smooth. I tried the Dovo's
on my Hoffritz slant and on my Merkur 37C slant. I don't think the German's are making great blades anymore.
The Dovo's are good but better options exist. I'll be throwing them in my blade bin and will revisit them in the
future.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Update on Dovo blades:
I tried the Dovo's, Merkur Super (Made in Germany) and Croma blades.
The only good ones are the Dovo's out of the 3! Super sharp and partially smooth. I tried the Dovo's
on my Hoffritz slant and on my Merkur 37C slant. I don't think the German's are making great blades anymore.
The Dovo's are good but better options exist. I'll be throwing them in my blade bin and will revisit them in the
future.
I sprung for 100 of the Dovo and like them. Using them in my Fatip and a Gillette Heritage while I'm on the road. Will try Henson when I'm home. To me they seem sharp enough and smooth enough. Seem similar to some Personna's I like. Seeing how long they last. Up to four shaves in one razor with no sign of fading yet.

I sprung for 100 of the Dovo and like them. Using them in my Fatip and a Gillette Heritage while I'm on the road. Will try Henson when I'm home. To me they seem sharp enough and smooth enough. Seem similar to some Personna's I like. Seeing how long they last. Up to four shaves in one razor with no sign of fading yet.
Funny, I don't like Personna's and you do. You like the Dovo's and I found them OK, Lol!!
Shows again how much YMMV exists in shaving.

Top Bottom