What's new

Dove +Care Men brushless

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Every once in a while I like to walk the other side of the street, as it were, and try something a bit different. Today it was Dove +Care Shave Cream. This is a brushless product, so don't go looking for gobs of lather here. Instead, right out of the tube, it looks like any traditional shave cream. The scent is vague, reasonably pleasant and fleeting.

I prepped my beard with a Noxzema wash as is my custom. Then I spread about a quarter-size dab of product on my pre-wetted whiskers.

The stuff went on easily, and felt pretty slick. Once thus buttered, I went to work with my R41 kitted with an Astra green.

At best, the shave was uneventful, though without the dampening qualities of a lather, I was very aware of my blade. The shave was reasonably fast, and, so long as I kept re-wetting my face, smooth and cut free. I generally do a 2-1/2 pass shave (WTG, ATG and XTG on my neck only). The result was a BBS on my face, and a DFS across my neck--average for me.

I really felt the alum, though, but not to any objectionable degree. Nonetheless, I opted for Nivea balm instead of an alcohol based A/S splash.

This stuff has its place, but not in my daily line-up. I of course miss the ritual of whipping up some traditional lather and painting my face. Take that out of the equation and shaving goes back to being a chore. Brushless cream (and this one is a good one) are a boon if you travel a lot. There's just less stuff to pack, and no worries about wet brushes.

Bottom like: I'll keep Dove +Care shave cream in my cupboard, but not in my rotation.

I tried it when I went cart/disposable and brushless cream for a while. It was OK, nothing special though. IMO, its still inferior to Cremo.

I got a nice lather from the Dove Hydrate + cream. Used a brush and bowl and got a nice peaky lather. Decent stuff, and I would buy again.

Top Bottom