What's new

Double ring

Sorry you (and I) missed that. I have to ask what your questions were? Just seeing it now, the 1918 date troubled me. Oh well hopefully we will have another opportunity.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Sorry you (and I) missed that. I have to ask what your questions were? Just seeing it now, the 1918 date troubled me. Oh well hopefully we will have another opportunity.

It has a 1906 date code according to the Wiki. It looks like it sold for a great price with the excellent condition of the razor, case, and shipper.

Yeah, that 1918 threw me for a second, too. So I asked for the serial number. Sometime late last night he emailed me with the number and posted new photos. When I clicked over it was already sold.

wasnt me, but just a recommendation for people here on B&B posting about won auctions on ebay. dont post it until you have recieved the item. I have posted before on here about a steal i got on ebay...a few hours later i get a message thru ebay that the seller received a message that i underpaid and it was no longer for sale. ouch. i filed a claim on him thru ebay but doesnt matter, never got the razor. he ended up claiming it was damaged and no longer avail.

i know the OP did not win this, so this is unrelated but just wanted to let everyone know. its sad that people on here would go behind your back due to jealousy, but it happens. plus this is an open forum so non-members can look and do the same thing.

i am sure what happened to me is another person saw it, and contacted the seller to offer him more. really pizzed me off!

When the serial numbers started over with letters attached is where the confusion happens regarding dates. Someone who isn't familiar with the evolution will make mistakes like that.

I know its an old thread, but has anyone noticed that the knob on the end of the barrel looks different than most double or single rings look??? Here is what I think to be differnt.
1. The grooves look deeper or have a larger radius to them.
2. The knobs 3 sections dont look as even as most others.
3. The three sections almost appear to be crowned a little as well.

I don't know about anyone one else but when I first looked at the photos the knob jumped out at me. Do you think this a camera trick or does it truely look different.

Mark if you read this, it further backs up the idea of the 100,000 or so gap in the DR sequence.

Let me know what you guys think...

I know its an old thread, but has anyone noticed that the knob on the end of the barrel looks different than most double or single rings look??? Here is what I think to be differnt.

I don't know about anyone one else but when I first looked at the photos the knob jumped out at me. Do you think this a camera trick or does it truely look different.

Mark if you read this, it further backs up the idea of the 100,000 or so gap in the DR sequence.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Yep the knurling does look different - interesting.

375013 - interesting, puts it in the middle of the SR range per the listing now in the Wiki here

Top Bottom