What's new

Double-Edged Twin Blades

Snagged these on the bay of E. I haven't tried them yet, but I got them for a stupid cheap price and just couldn't resist.

They're Schick twin blades in double-edge blade form. I imagine they came out to try and save the dying DE shaving market in the US. Anyone know anything more about them?

proxy.php

proxy.php

They're pretty cool, but I imagine they'd clog like nobody's business. They look like they're just two blades glued together with one being slightly smaller than the other.

proxy.php

Since one is smaller, the blade has an orientation.

proxy.php

Here's the blade from the side with some contrast. The stain on the center of the blade is from my acidic fingerprints.

proxy.php

Here's another close-up of the end:

proxy.php

They look like they're from the same era as the Plus Platinum blades that I love so much, so I'll certainly try them. Anyone ever try these?

I've tried the Schick 2002 blades in my Krona and I had a great shave with them. They didn't clog as bad as I thought it would and I was able to rinse the blade cleanly between passes. I pulled one apart after and they are indeed glued together.

Here is an old thread with a bit more info:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...win-Double-Edge-II-razor-Blades-Just-got-some

Cool - thanks for the info!

Those look cool! Nice addition to the stash.

I'm afraid I'll love them and never be able to find them again. :001_smile

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I remember them from years ago.

That was neat that you ran into them.

I would buy some. I'd like to try some myself.

I grabbed my daughter's microscope and snapped these pics. I placed the blade on a white piece of paper. The light is from a very bright double-LED gooseneck affair, so the light can be harsh.

Blade corner at 20X:

proxy.php

Blade corner at 40X:

proxy.php

Top Blade at 100X:

proxy.php

Bottom blade at 100X:

proxy.php

The blade has never been used, and was pulled from the sealed pack for pics. There are clearly drops of something on the blade. I know they used to pack them into the dispensers with mineral oil so they would slide easily, but in many of the old packs I have the mineral oil has dried out. These did slide smoothly.

I also find it interesting that the top blade looks pitted. That may be more fluid - I couldn't tell.

Top Bottom