What's new

Double Edge Safety Razor - Stand / Holder

All

I am looking for a quality made razor stand (Double Edge Safety Razor). I prefer a two razor stand, but they are nearly impossible to find. If I can find a single holder I will simply buy two. Note: I don't want a stand which also holds a brush. Just a razor stand is what I seek.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
This is what I use for my rotation.

C5C34CEB-C868-47DD-A344-877716EA2079.jpeg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
BradWorld, very nice. 3D-printed?

Yes. I found a single stand on thingiverse I liked, and remixed it in cad to be a 4 razor stand. That stays on my bathroom counter, and I rotate in and out of that. Keeps me from annoying the wife by having a ton of razors out on the counter.

All

I am looking for a quality made razor stand (Double Edge Safety Razor). I prefer a two razor stand, but they are nearly impossible to find. If I can find a single holder I will simply buy two. Note: I don't want a stand which also holds a brush. Just a razor stand is what I seek.
If you're handy, make your own. A while back I saw one for 3 razors that was an oval cross section of lacquered cherry wood with holes to stand 3 razors upright. They also had a section of branch with the bottom planed & top lengths planed flat & 2 holes drilled for razor handles.

^
Etsy has some nice wooden stands, though I find them a bit pricy, especially the basic ones. They also have some people selling stands that hold essential oil vials, and I think you can customise them to accommodate razors instead. Never tried but at one point was considering it.

Any chance someone who sees this thread is also an Oral-B electric toothbrush user? I stumbled across the attached, but have zero clue if this would work for DE safety razors; i.e., I have no clue what the dimensions are for the Oral-B replacement brush heads as pictured. So, I'm not sure if the hole cut-outs are of the correct size &/or whether the total height of this stand is too tall for DE razors.

81+Q3UqPpLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
You could have a crack at making one like others have. There has been some nice ones made by other members.

I have a Muhle metal stand when at home. But for travel I use a small bamboo toothbrush holder. It’s just fine for everything but my Merkur Progress (its adjustment knob is a bit big to properly fit).

Doing a web search there are various bamboo toothbrush holders that look like they could hold multiple razors just fine.

I was starting to dabble in making one with a fallen willow branch. I shortened and adjusted, and reconsidered, and wound up tossing it, but it gave me more ideas for another. I’m wanitng to get some wood carving knives, and try again. I imagine hand carving burls can be tough, but there are five on said willow that might get harvested this year - if I take the tree down.
I actually lopped the top off of this stand to create two separate ones; I may yet be able to configure one or the other more to my tastes.

A8C71598-87AB-41CE-9521-88AF05C9208B.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom