What's new

Double-edge razors really ARE better than cartridge razors.

I have not had razor burn since switching to DE from cartridge razors over 8 years ago. My neck usually burned all morning back in those days. Now I look forward to shaving every morning with various DE razors, deciding which one to use is part of the enjoyment; what was a chore has become a hobby.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Totally agree! I had to get up and out this morning to drive into town on extremely icy roads for a doctor appointment. Sigh...that means I did a weedwhacker shave just to remove the hair. Really needed the balm afterward. Got all done and into town safely and things went well.

Turns out I'm getting older and that's the cause of my problems. Who knew?

O.H.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Gillette did a number on us with their cartridges.

The thing is, the first time I was using a cartridge I found it SCARY TO PUT BLADES ON MY FACE! It wasn't dangerous... my mind was full of concern nevertheless.

I went on using electric shavers. Those are the safest, amire? 😁

Turns out that just one blade in a safety razor is best for my skin. My skin quality improved, my face was never looking better, no stubble or shadows.

Nowadays fathers don't teach their kids wetshaving anymore. They might never have done it themselves before.

Regarding costs, theoretically I save oodles of money by using DE blades. Practically I started collecting expensive razors. 😛

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Well, would you look at that, another cartridge bashing thread.
I don't see any "bashing" of cartridge shaving. All I see are people who find that they prefer DE "safety" razors. I don't. I prefer straight razors.

DE and SE razors scare the dickens out of me as I can't see the blade edge on my skin.

I don't see any "bashing" of cartridge shaving. All I see are people who find that they prefer DE "safety" razors. I don't. I prefer straight razors.

DE and SE razors scare the dickens out of me as I can't see the blade edge on my skin.
It will, they always do and in this one a comment has been made about shaving with a weed wacker and robbing a bank to afford blades and the number Gillette did on “us” with cartridges. More will follow. The last one was started in October and is still active.

It makes sense for most folks around here to dislike or hate cartridge razors, since they've been using them for years and most people wouldn't be here otherwise. Same goes for those who don't mind shaving with cartidge razors. For them we're the crazy ones and they see no reason to try DE, SE or even SR.

For me a cartridge shave can be pretty good. it's also darned fast, which I would imagine most people aim for in their shaves. I had a discussion with a friend on shaving. After explaining my routine, he said, "I just put some soap on my face in the shower and shave really quick."

For me a cartridge shave can be pretty good. it's also darned fast, which I would imagine most people aim for in their shaves. I had a discussion with a friend on shaving. After explaining my routine, he said, "I just put some soap on my face in the shower and shave really quick."
Cartridge razors enable one to shave quickly...so much so, that you can even use bar hand/body soap before the lather disappears.

Although I shave with both DE and SR razors the best shaves I get are from cartridge razors and with the advent of razors like the Wilkinson Sword/Schick Protector 3 in the late 80's give me the optimum closeness especially on my tough neck and jaw stubble and guaranteed nick and irritation free

Top Bottom