What's new

Dorko Prime is no slouch!

Just tried one for the first time. I used it with TOBS Rose and my Gillette New Long Comb. What a nice sharp blade and really smooth too. My normal blade is an Astra SP. I think the Astra’s are a bit smoother on the first shave, but not by much. I’m looking forward to using it for a few days.

I have some of the new Derby blades inbound as well. I decided to go back and try a few that I liked before as well as some of the new blades out there.

Pretty cool that the companies are developing new blades!

I enjoy primes, i like all of dorcos offerings, even the dirt cheap ones from vietnam. I need to give derbys another try, last time i tried them they didnt do anything, no hair reduction, just razor burn, but i hear they are kicking out decent blades now.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Continues to be a sharp blade.

I got 1,000 of them cheap, like @Daiku and am really happy with the blade.

At this point I've used them in everything from an OLD to a Krona. They are not only winners, but having stabilized at least one factor in the kaleidoscope mix of soap, razors, brushes, blades and aftershaves is giving me better perspective.

AA

At this point I've used them in everything from an OLD to a Krona. They are not only winners, but having stabilized at least one factor in the kaleidoscope mix of soap, razors, brushes, blades and aftershaves is giving me better perspective.

AA
Thats how i am with gillette 7 o clock yellows, they work perfect in every razor i have tried it in, maybe every person has that one blade that was meant to be, unfortunately i have to cheat as i enjoy trying different blades.

Just tried one for the first time..... What a nice sharp blade and really smooth too. My normal blade is an Astra SP. I think the Astra’s are a bit smoother on the first shave, but not by much. I’m looking forward to using it for a few days.
I have heard good reviews on this blade and it is priced competitively. Would like a review after you have completed a tuck of these blades.

AA

That’s an interesting point. I’ve used the Primes in my blue tip SS, my 34c, my Maggard MR1, and various styles of Techs, and doing so has helped me figure out the strengths of each razor, having eliminated one variable. I know those are all mild razors, which I prefer, but the Prime has been a great performer in them all. I really enjoyed the Prime in a mid-60s Tech.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Lonvegivity of these, I cannot speak to, since I toss after six shaves. But they are giving stability to other variables, and they are certainly good / good enough.

AA

Impressed with the sharpness of Dorko Prime. Smoothness is not as good as my favorites, but a solid blade. I’ll get 100.

After I try these in my other razors, I’ll try the new Derby blades. I bought a tuck to sample.

I have found zero problems with the Prime. Prefer it over a Polsilver or a Personna.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have found zero problems with the Prime. Prefer it over a Polsilver or a Personna.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I don’t have any personal experience with Polsilver, but considering that blade’s reputation, that’s high praise for the Prime.

I don’t have any personal experience with Polsilver, but considering that blade’s reputation, that’s high praise for the Prime.

Def try the PolSilver as soon as you can. For me its the best blade I ever used IN MY LIFE.

Top Bottom