What's new

DORKO blades and/or "Take me down to Weeper city"

Holy Loly, I've never had so many weepers.... 5-10 after a single pass!!!there were 3 on my chin alone, and I never get weepers on my chin!

Anyone have issues with these blades? I'm using an Edwin Jagger DE razor for the record, and have had generally great results (I've found feathers are the best, followed by Astra) but these DORKO's annihilated my face lol

Anyone else have similar issues?

Dorcos aren't my favorite either .... I like Russian Gillettes "7 O'Clock", "Silver Blue", etc...

But some get good results with Dorcos, just not me & you ... :a48:

I quite like the Dorco Prime Platinum STP-301. Blue/white tuck with a mustache pictured. The older Dorco St-300/301 I havent used for years.

When you change your razor blades there is often a period of adjustment as a person learns to adapt to them. But if you really dont like them, there are many other blades out there to try.

I tried Dorco ST-300 last month was was surprised at how good it is, I wasn’t expecting much but it was smooth and sharp for my use. I was able to get 10 shaves out of it and only binned it because I was trying another blade.

Dorcos aren't my favorite either .... I like Russian Gillettes "7 O'Clock", "Silver Blue", etc...

But some get good results with Dorcos, just not me & you ... :a48:

I've got a few more to try, Gillette's included.

I quite like the Dorco Prime Platinum STP-301. Blue/white tuck with a mustache pictured. The older Dorco St-300/301 I havent used for years.

When you change your razor blades there is often a period of adjustment as a person learns to adapt to them. But if you really dont like them, there are many other blades out there to try.

I've only had one shave, so it's hard to say "I don't like them" yet, but Mr.Man, I sure felt the alum block. lol

I tried Dorco ST-300 last month was was surprised at how good it is, I wasn’t expecting much but it was smooth and sharp for my use. I was able to get 10 shaves out of it and only binned it because I was trying another blade.

I think I've got a few types to try as well, I don't remember which one this was but I'll post after I check.

+1! The Primes are very good blades for me also! Other Dorcos have been middle-of-the road for me.

Dorco ST-300 Vietnam blades give me X5-6 DFS's. Dorco Prime is X7-8 smooth shaves. I bet these were the Korean blades you were using?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I've used Dorco Prime Platinums for the last five months; they are superb ... however I've also used the regular ST-301s and even the low-end ones (ST-300, I think) from the dollar store with no ill effect ...

There are bad batches, perhaps. I've had bad luck with Nacets and people love them. Mine are rougher than anything.

AA

I have never tried the ST-301's. Looks like I need to avoid them.
Because one guy (who can't spell Dorco) got weepers?? You realize millions of people use them right?

I've lost count of how many people diss BIC blades which are my go-to. I don't trust anybody to tell me what blade works for my face/head/skill level.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Because one guy (who can't spell Dorco) got weepers?? You realize millions of people use them right?

I've lost count of how many people diss BIC blades which are my go-to. I don't trust anybody to tell me what blade works for my face/head/skill level.

Wow, you've really hit the nail on the head there. Spelling mistake = inability to know a good razor blade.

I'm not saying they're trash, if you took the time to read instead of being a dick, you'd see that I was ASKING if anyone else had issues?

Wow, you've really hit the nail on the head there. Spelling mistake = inability to know a good razor blade.

I'm not saying they're trash, if you took the time to read instead of being a dick, you'd see that I was ASKING if anyone else had issues?
Okay the spelling comment was out of line, sorry.

The criticism wasn't aimed at you at all , I meant to poke fun at Fast Shaver, The last thing I would do is deny the validity of your experience but I don't believe one user's review is reason for somebody else to say they should give blades a pass.

I don't personally have experience with the 301. Previous threads have seen mixed reviews.

Last edited:
Out of the Dorco line, the ST-301 is my least favorite (but it's been awhile since I used them). The 300's and Primes are not too bad.
Blades are a HUGE YMMV...

Okay the spelling comment was out of line, sorry.

The criticism wasn't aimed at you at all , I meant to poke fun at Fast Shaver, The last thing I would do is deny the validity of your experience but I don't believe one user's review is reason for somebody else to say they should give blades a pass.

I don't personally have experience with the 301. Previous threads have seen mixed reviews.

Apology accepted, no big deal.

I agree, no one should pass on Dorco ST-301's simply because of my issues. However, if I mentioned it and the next 10 responses were complimentary to mine; it might be worth questioning whether or not to put them on your "to try" list. Doesn't really seem to be the case, so it's probably my technique or razor that's causing the issues.

I will come back to them again in a few months for a fresh try.

I have another pack of Dorco's to try, and because of the above mention, I'm also tempted to break open a pack of Gillette 7 o'clock's....

I never liked Dorco's...and the Dollar General blades made in Viet Nam I just tried may be made by Dorco, and they are face choppers for sure....

Wowsa...! I recently got X7 DFS's from the Dollar General blades in my Super Speed. Not one nick. Just goes to show YMMV with any blade. Maybe you got a bad tuck of them? Mine are sharp & smooth.

Apology accepted, no big deal.

I agree, no one should pass on Dorco ST-301's simply because of my issues. However, if I mentioned it and the next 10 responses were complimentary to mine; it might be worth questioning whether or not to put them on your "to try" list. Doesn't really seem to be the case, so it's probably my technique or razor that's causing the issues.

I will come back to them again in a few months for a fresh try.

I have another pack of Dorco's to try, and because of the above mention, I'm also tempted to break open a pack of Gillette 7 o'clock's....
I counted 35 previous threads on B&B discussing the Dorco 301 blades (then I stopped counting). So even if ten people said the same thing on this particular thread it would be unlikely to move me one way or another absent a whole lot of information about reviewers generally unavailable in discussions like these: Have you tried at least 15 or 20 other blades? Do you shave daily? Do you shave your head? Do you shave ATG? Do you shave to BBS? Can you get to BBS using a Tech? Experience with aggressive razors like an Ikon Tech as well? Do you like the blades I already know I like (like the BIC)? If I knew the answer was yes to all of these I'd give a review some weight. If the answer to any of them is no, probably not. With no into about a reviewer I'll give less than zero weight to a random opinion about a blade.

The truth is skin and hair type varies, as does skill level, and approach. There are an awful lot of people who post opinions who are nothing like me in those categories whose opinions about blades aren't of much use to me. (I see guys on YouTube with beards who only shave their cheeks and don't shave ATG offering reviews. I presume they're here too). Trial and error among blades with objectively established similarities to blades I know I like works a lot better for me and I give others the same advice.

I know from other threads there are plenty of people who have trouble with the 301. My advice to you is to try another blade.

Last edited:
Top Bottom