What's new

dorcousa and pace razors

I was using the Twin Blade and then I couldn't find them after their move to Amazon for sales. I was able to get those pretty cheap with coupon codes. I last bought razors from them in 2017 and they lasted up until six weeks or so ago.

The change had lead me down the shaving rabbit hole.

You don't discount successful and high selling products.

Of course you do. Drives traffic to your site where customers can look around and find something else to buy. Or you just do it to maintain customer loyalty, because they were almost certainly still making a profit even at the discounted price.

Of course you do. Drives traffic to your site where customers can look around and find something else to buy. Or you just do it to maintain customer loyalty, because they were almost certainly still making a profit even at the discounted price.
No you're right, Hermes and Louis Vutton have a 75% off their bags right now. Discounting the products doesn't hurt the brand at all.

No you're right, Hermes and Louis Vutton have a 75% off their bags right now. Discounting the products doesn't hurt the brand at all.

We’re not actually comparing high end luxury brands to a discount razor maker that intentionally competes in the low end space, are we?

They are selling Dorco disposables at Dollar General. Don't know how long they have been doing that since I am fairly new to that store. They are selling a regular Pace 6 without the trimmer, calling it "Intrepid", for $5 for 3 razors. A little pricey for a disposable. It has a different handle than the one pictured on https://www.dorcoglobal.com

Also, a regular Pace 3, "Hampton", with the same handle pictured on the Dorco website.
Reasonably priced at $3 for 4 razors.

I bought a pack of each since I had never tried a Dorco other than the twin blade fixed disposables sold by Barbasol for $1 for 5 razors at Dollar Tree. I've only tried the "Intrepid" so far, 2 shaves -- very nice. You can get away with a one pass WTG and get at least an SAS. I didn't get any irritation.

I've just acquired a Dorco Pace handle and some carts, but haven't tried them yet. It is important to note that although you can take the carts off the disposables, they will not fit on a Dorco Pace handle with the common docking system.

Best deal other than waiting it out on eBay is the Swipe brand sold on Amazon -- they are Dorcos.
24 Pace 6 Plus carts (with trimmer) for $30. That's less per cart than the Dollar General regular Pace 6 disposables.
They also sell the Pace 4 and the Pace 3.

Last edited:
I'm still able to find what I need from Dorco on ebay. Sometimes there are even listings for product never sold in the US but common in Korea.

I'm still able to find what I need from Dorco on ebay. Sometimes there are even listings for product never sold in the US but common in Korea.
But if you are in the U.S. they usually have to be shipped from Korea. The Dorcos listed on ebay are usually pricey, but I got the pace 6+ Swipes on ebay with a brand new handle for less than $1 per cart if you factor in the cost of the handle, which they sell on amazon for about $7 or $8. You have to take the time to look at all the cart listings on ebay and you can tell from the pics that they are Dorcos sold under other brands. Bromelys from Kroger sells the 3, 5, and 7 blades. There are no Krogers where I live and on eBay people are charging a lot. I like the Pace 6+ and my limit is $1 per cart. $1.25 for Pace 6+ Swipes on amazon isnt bad though if you need them and cant wait out a good ebay deal. Shavemob sells Dorco using their own brand but they are more expensive than Swipes. The best deal from them is to buy a year’s worth in bulk since the price goes down a lot per cart. Their site is confusing and I sent them an email with a ton of questions, but they never replied. Then I discovered Swipe and before I bought from amazon I saw the deal on eBay for Swipes and jumped on it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom