What's new

dorco vs gillette

Between a 7 blade razor and the gillette flexball power razor with the proshield cartridge, which one will give a closer shave overall? Obviously gillette is number one globally but dorco has come out with a 7 blade razor. more blades mean a closer shave? can someone please tell me which one of these two razors will shave closer? thanks.

Between a 7 blade razor and the gillette flexball power razor with the proshield cartridge, which one will give a closer shave overall? Obviously gillette is number one globally but dorco has come out with a 7 blade razor. more blades mean a closer shave? can someone please tell me which one of these two razors will shave closer? thanks.
6 in one, half dozen in the other. Ive used both and there really isnt much of a difference. I honestly find any more than 3 blades to be too many.

Gillette and Dorco do make some very fine DE Blades. I'm a Dorco Prime and Gillette Nacet lover myself.

I've found that a Dorco PL602 razor with a Gillette7 o'clock yellow or 7 o'clock green blade from India
make shaving nirvana for me.

I use the Dorco pace 4 cart for my head. I have used the pace 6 as well. I prefer the 4. It just shaved better than the 6 for me.

IMO the more blades, the more clogging there is. I use carts on my head as they are easier and faster for work days when my time is very limited. I can do one pass with the 4 and I’m within regs for work.

AoM;Knight of the Veg Table;B.O.S.S.;MFR2019

Wrong. A DE doesnt shave any closer than a cart does, (just as a cart doesnt shave any closer than a DE does) it can give you less irritation though.
That's bs I tried the Gillette fusión, pro glide, pro shield, shick hydro, electric razors. They don't give close shaves like double edge or single edge razors. I don't mean to be rude but that's like saying iPhones are just as good as android phones, they are not. If carts and those expensive electric gave me close shaves I would never had switched to de razors.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Different things work for different people. What works for you may not work for me. I used carts for nearly 30 years and I got close shaves with every cart that I used. I did get some razor burn, nicks and cuts but the shaves were always close.

5 and 6 blade carts burn my face. No matter if I use hot lather, canned foam or gel. One pass is all I can do or my face is on fire. 3 and 4 blade carts are okay though. I think the Gillette Sensor Excel was the best cart ever though. Smooth, close and comfortable. Especially with the power handle. Now the carts are too expensive and not as good as the originals were. I'll stay with DE razors. Personna Blue and Feathers for me.

That's bs I tried the Gillette fusión, pro glide, pro shield, shick hydro, electric razors. They don't give close shaves like double edge or single edge razors. I don't mean to be rude but that's like saying iPhones are just as good as android phones, they are not. If carts and those expensive electric gave me close shaves I would never had switched to de razors.

Id say that the closeness that people think they get with DE/SE is due to better prep and shaving in different directions. Most people when they use carts and before they discover traditional shaving dont understand how important prep is and things like beard reduction and how your beard grows in different directions.
Most of us just shave down, 1 pass and call it a day.
But hey, if DE/SE works for you, go with it. Ive learned how to shave with just about anything and get a great shave.

I haven’t tried the Dorco 7 blade, but for me, the 6+ gave an awful feeling shave. The closeness of the shave was OK, but not as good as the Fusion. The Fusion felt a hell of a lot better though. The Dorco felt like it was tearing up my face.

That's bs I tried the Gillette fusión, pro glide, pro shield, shick hydro, electric razors. They don't give close shaves like double edge or single edge razors.

With all due respect, you don’t have a clue about what you are talking about. I can get just as good of a shave with both.

Different things work for different people. What works for you may not work for me. I used carts for nearly 30 years and I got close shaves with every cart that I used. I did get some razor burn, nicks and cuts but the shaves were always close.

This guy has it right!

I haven’t tried the Dorco 7 blade, but for me, the 6+ gave an awful feeling shave. The closeness of the shave was OK, but not as good as the Fusion. The Fusion felt a hell of a lot better though. The Dorco felt like it was tearing up my face.

With all due respect, you don’t have a clue about what you are talking about. I can get just as good of a shave with both.

This guy has it right!

Ymmv is certainly true but the person who doesn't know what they are talking is just you if carts can perform just as good and can give just of bbs feel as de then people switching back to wet shaving wouldn't be happening its also true that electric razors can out perform any cart out there.

Ymmv is certainly true but the person who doesn't know what they are talking is just you if carts can perform just as good and can give just of bbs feel as de then people switching back to wet shaving wouldn't be happening its also true that electric razors can out perform any cart out there.

You’re right. I guess I’m just imagining it when my Shick hydro gives me just as good a bbs shave in 2 passes as I get with 3 passes from a DE.

Top Bottom