What's new

Dorco Stainless blades...thoughts?

Interesting! Is there any identification on the blades or packaging that might indicate whether they are Prime Platinum blades, or is is strictly generic. Do you find the blades to be as sharp and as smooth as the Prime Platinum blades?

I ask primarily out of curiosity. I purchased 100 Prime Platinums; since I use other blades as well, they will last quite a while.
The store labeled blades just have the indicator arrows on them since they come in a plastic pack just like Personna blades and they don't idetify which Dorco blade it is. Many suspect it is the ST300/301s. The blades are made in Vietnam and they feel very sharp and smooth, maybe just a tad below the Primes. I felt that these blades were better than the Shark SS that I was prevoiusly using. Pick some up and see if they work for you!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
The Dorco Prime blades are made in Viet Nam, not it Korea, although Dorco is based in Korea. The Prime blades are labeled as STP-301 as opposed to the similar ST-300 and ST-301 blades. I have not used either of the Korean blades, but the Dorco Prime Platinum blades are some of my favorites.

Dorco used to have a division based in the USA. However, that division has closed. In the USA, Dorco blades are being sold primarily through Amazon, although there are other sources. The Dorco Prime Platinum STP-301 blades can be found here:

I’m on a binge so I’m going to try these stp301s.

I am a Dorco fan and I like their blades. I have used both Prime and store brand Dorcos. Both have worked well for me and I will definately buy again. The blades that I like are made in Vietnam. I tried some that were made in Korea and they were not nearly as sharp.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Thanks. I see mixed opinions but there are mixed reviews for nearly every blade. The Amazon reviews are silly so I stopped reading them. I’ve got BAD
Pretty bad right now. 😂

Thanks. I see mixed opinions but there are mixed reviews for nearly every blade. The Amazon reviews are silly so I stopped reading them. I’ve got BAD
Pretty bad right now. 😂

Agreed, Amazon shaving reviews are useless. Most of the folks who provide reviews have no clue what wet shaving is about. If you want reviews, read them here.

I am a Dorco fan and I like their blades. I have used both Prime and store brand Dorcos. Both have worked well for me and I will definately buy again. The blades that I like are made in Vietnam. I tried some that were made in Korea and they were not nearly as sharp.
What razors do your Dorco's like?

I've been using both the Dorco Prime (STP301) and Stainless (ST301) blades for the past year and achieve great results from either with typically 8 - 10 shaves per blade (2 pass with touch up). These are latest generation HQ technology blades made in Vietnam. Surprisingly the first shave with the primes is a little rougher smoothing out nicely by the second shave. Possibly the second teflon coating on the Primes dulls the cutting edge a bit until it wears off. Looking at the Dorco web site and blade packaging there doesn't appear to be any difference between the two blades beyond the second teflon coating. Also the website lists both the ST301's and ST300's as the same stainless blade sharing a product description. Believe the only difference is the packaging with the 301's in a plastic tuck case and the 300's in cardboard. Unclear why some experience performance differences between these two blade SKUs unless it's a case of having ST300s based on the older generation made in Korea technology.

Top Bottom