What's new

DORCO ST-301

Went into the Japanese version of the Dollar Store yesterday and found some Dorco ST-301 blades. Packet of 10 at what works out to about 9 cents a blade. I tried one this morning in my Merkur 37C. It was an incredibly smooth shave. Not as close as the various Gillette blades I use, or the PolSilvers, but that razor/blade combo just glided over my skin. I touched up with my Silm Adjustable on the 9 setting. Actually more than a touch up, almost another pass. And when I finished I had a really close shave, about as close as my usual shaves. But with a LOT less tingling when I use the alum bar. Overall a nice experience.

Anybody else tried the Dorco 301?

They're an okay blade in my opinion. If you can get the STP-301s (Prime) you'll fall in love.

BigD... Currently I have a lot of blades. Nacet, Rubie, Indian Black Super Platinum, Silver Blue and Polsilver. I needanother blade to fall in love with like a fish needs a bicycle. ;-)

Note: I’m safe. All the Primes on eBay seem to come from the US and so all have thoseoutrageous shipping costs associated with that scam, Global Shipping Program.

The 301's supposedly are the same as the 300 except made in different countries ( 300 is made in Vietnam and 301 in S Korea if my memory is correct). The post above is correct though, Dorco Prime is where its at. Its easily among the best blades in the world and I've tried many. I put it right up there with any of the st Petersburg blades (Nacet, Polsilver, GSB etc), and Feathers. I do happen to like feathers and Polsilvers more than the Primes but Primes are less than half the price and an overall excellent blade. If you were in the states I would mail you a tuck! (I bought 1000 blades for 55 bucks shipped)

If you go to dorcousa.com you can sign up for an account and get discount codes that work on the Dorco Prime blades. Free shipping for USA and APO addresses.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Haven't tried the Dorco Prime yet. To me, the words Dorco and Prime just don't go together. But if @BigJ sez they're good they must be!

Was PIFed a ton of Dorco 301s some years back and have been working my way through them ever since. Not among my favorites but I find I can get a decent shave with almost any blade.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I hated the ST-301. I thought it was one of the worst blades in all of shavedom.

Obviously YMMV.
I am like a dog returning to it's vomit with that blade. I have maybe 10 left, once a year or so I try it again, and it always ends in bloodshed.

And I'll probably find my cheapskate self trying them again this winter. Oy.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
I have to admit the Dorco ST 300's that I have are NOT the best blades in my shaving gear. I have not tried the Dorco Prime yet but I have no desire to try any Dorco Blades of any description in the near future. Just my $0.02 worth.

I like the Dorcos also the 300 and 301 are about the same for me. They give a good comfortable shave but don't seem to last all that long. However they are cheap and I can get them locally from the Dollar General. Which i need to stop by there and grab another bottle of Gillette aftershave.

I have to admit the Dorco ST 300's that I have are NOT the best blades in my shaving gear. I have not tried the Dorco Prime yet but I have no desire to try any Dorco Blades of any description in the near future. Just my $0.02 worth.

The Dorco Primes are a huge step up from the Korean and Vietnamese Dorcos.

Top Bottom