What's new

Dorco Prime Platinum blades, any love for them out here.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
0528227C-DDC3-4AC7-BE97-EB79118FB229.jpeg

First trial with Dorco Prime Platinum blades this week. I bought them from the Yaqi Australia website on clearance. I am relatively surprised just how good they are for me. I have used the Dorco ST blades and found them to be, well quite poor. Third shave in and I am finding them quite smooth and quite sharp. At this stage I would happily buy them in bulk. What have your experience been with the Dorco Prime Platinum? Do you love them or do you dislike them immensely?
0528227C-DDC3-4AC7-BE97-EB79118FB229.jpeg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
If those are the same ones that @BaPh96 sent me I was SHOCKED at how good they are. I'd actually BUY 100 of them, and I'm cheap.

Legion

Staff member
I've not tried them. Can you buy in small quantities to try them?

Long ago I settled on red Israeli Persona as my favourite, and bought a bunch. Since Ive mostly used straights for years I still have a bunch stockpiled, and probably don't need more DE blades, but... You never know.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I bought quite a few items from the Yaqi sale. I just had a look and they are $3.50 for a tuck of ten blades.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
I bought 100 after reading some good press here on B&B. Was not disappointed.

They are excellent blades, at least for me and the mild razors I use them in (e.g. Mamba 70).

View attachment 1367500
First trial with Dorco Prime Platinum blades this week. I bought them from the Yaqi Australia website on clearance. I am relatively surprised just how good they are for me. I have used the Dorco ST blades and found them to be, well quite poor. Third shave in and I am finding them quite smooth and quite sharp. At this stage I would happily buy them in bulk. What have your experience been with the Dorco Prime Platinum? Do you love them or do you dislike them immensely?View attachment 1367500
Hi ajkel64,

Yes lots of love for these (both STP301 and STP300 Prime SKUs - same blade different packaging) and the regular Dorco stainless steel (ST301 & 300) blades. In every case newer production from Vietnam with HQ technology. See my recent post below on the topic that helps clarify all the confusion on Dorco blades and quality. Many poor user experiences appear to be from the older blades made in Korea without HQ. Also the 300 and 301 blades are the same, just in cardboard and plastic tuck packaging respectively. Details in my post below.

P.S. Given that your Prime blades indicate HQ technology it's likely they were made in Vietnam.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Sounds good, I was going off the Tryablade website as they have them down as manufactured in South Korea.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
I haven’t used them but I have heard from my sources that blades made in South Korea are pretty good.

Top Bottom