What's new

Dorco/DSC Twin discontinued?

Awhile back I noticed DSC stopped selling the "humble twin" which is a rebranded dorco comfort twin. Whatever, most guys probably buy the 4 blade. Well today I was browsing the Dorco website and noticed they don't have the comfort twin listed anymore. I tried searching and nothing came up either.

My wife likes these so I was able to buy them cheap in bulk plus a lot of headblade users prefer them over the 4/6 blade carts.

DSC still lists it on their page, though ever since the Unilever acquisition they're really pushing their software harder than the razors and blades anymore. But besides that, Dorco's US website is no more. It's up but you can't buy anything from it. Unclear as to whether that is due to market forces or the patent infringement settlement the company reached with P&G recently, but the same cartridges used to be available from Dollar General in 6-packs and those are gone now too. A bit suspicious.

In any case, dual-fit twin blade cartridges for Trac and Atra handles are widely and easily available on eBay and Amazon, so I suppose that would be the place to get them now.

Top Bottom