What's new

Dorco DE Blades

Hi Maxima1, I have all four HQs (yes there are now four if you include the STP300 (paper tuck) and STP301 (plastic tuck) Prime blades and have now tried all but the STP300 Primes). The Dorco Stainless ST300 (paper tuck) and ST301 (plastic tuck) appear to be the same based on the one ST300 used so far and many ST301s with 8-10 good shaves typically. For me the STP301 Primes are similar though slightly rougher on the first shave; possibly due to the need to wear away the extra teflon coating from the tip. All excellent blades that I pretty much use interchangeably. Superior to the Astra SPs and Derby Extras in my rotation that while good for me don't deliver as many quality shaves. From the Dorco catalog my sense is that the regular stainless and Primes may be the same blade with the exception of the additional teflon coating on the Prime. All Dorcos that I use are made in Vietman HQ Technology blades.

Have not been able to figure out how the Titans are different from the above blades. Please let us know how your Titans perform compared to the Primes if they are both HQ/made in Vietnam..

The Prime seems a tad sharper than the Astra SP, but I got some slight burning. I prefer the Astras, but I liked the Titan more than the Prime in my razor. Both are nonetheless a big improvement over the old Dorcos lol.

I'm done evaluating Droco, didn't try a Titan.

ST301 = ST300 > STP301. Prime is sharp and gives up a nice shave but never smooths out enough to commit to 100 blades for my skin. The ST300/301 smooths out to a nice shave after a day or two and lasts a week easily. Honestly as much as I like the Dorco ST300/301 I won't be buying 100 of them.

Not done checking out some promising Lords, Rapira, Shark and one Treet blade left to try the Blue DuraSharp. There's a few Treets that out compete the Dorco's in sharp and smooth as an Astra SP and last a week. While I like the Dorco's they aren't going to make the cut to replace the Astra SP. :(

Last edited:
Dorco is a leading supplier for private label blades. Both Dollar General and Family Dollar carry Dorco blades under their respective house brand names. The blades come in a plastic container that looks almost identical to the Personna ones. The packages have "Blades made in Vietnam" on them. Most likely the blades are the ST300 series. So, if anyone is interested in trying them out or you used the Korean blades in the past and got poor results, pick some up and give them a try. You may be pleasantly surprised!

I'm done testing Dorco's. Razors: Pre and Post War Fat Handle Techs, late 50's Ball End Tech and a SLOC. Old man average coarseness white whiskers, beat up oily skin. Objective: replacement for Astra SP. Criteria: as smooth as an Astra SP, as close as an Astra SP and lasting a week of shaves like an Astra SP.

ST-301 > Prime > ST-300

None are as smooth as an Astra SP. The Prime (VN) must be sharper than the ST-301 or something as it gives up needless irritation in my mild razors from day one to day seven, where the ST-301 shaves closer than the Astra SP for my whiskers and irritation. The ST-301 gives up more feedback I find interesting and useful, it is workable alternative to the Astra SP.

I was wondering if you also tried Tiger Platinums? And what your mileage was with them. They are made by the former Czech producer of Astra’s. I purchased a tuck of 100. Have not tried them yet. Currently experimenting and evaluating the ST300 HQ.

Reactions: Kix

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I was wondering if you also tried Tiger Platinums? And what your mileage was with them. They are made by the former Czech producer of Astra’s. I purchased a tuck of 100. Have not tried them yet. Currently experimenting and evaluating the ST300 HQ.
I think you are about to be pleasantly surprised my friend! I love the Tiger Plats....

Tried the HQ ST-300s. They don't do a great job on growth over a day, but they smooth out to be pretty decent by the second pass. This makes them just okay imo. All my top tier blades can handle multiple days growth with no problem, so this leaves the Dorcos middle of the pack.

Top Bottom