What's new

Dorco DE Blades

hey so i just used a dorco titan de blade in my fatip grande open comb de razor,
i didnt expect much from them as i got 100 of these blades for like £2.99 delivered,
anyways im honestly really surprised, theyre sharp and smooth,
i'd say theyre not as smooth as say the gillette nacets but we're only talking a little bit off
and the dorco titans have the same sort of sharpness imo tbh im impressed with these

so yea first time trying out a vietnamese made de blade and its all good :)

any dorco titan fans out there?

i was wondering how do the other dorco de blades compare to the dorco titans? not tried any other dorco blades

Reactions: Kix
Might want to try the blades sub-forum.

Dorco's are okay - they're not one I tend to buy unless they're going very cheap, but if that's all I had I wouldn't be complaining either.

Reactions: saj
Tried two Dorco blades once, a long, long time ago. Thought they were the worst DE blade I had ever used. Hope to never use a Dorco blade again.

Reactions: saj
Might want to try the blades sub-forum.

Dorco's are okay - they're not one I tend to buy unless they're going very cheap, but if that's all I had I wouldn't be complaining either.
Woops just realized I posted the thread in the wrong section,
Please can some mod or admin move my thread to the de blades forum many thanks

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Dorco is probably the easiest to buy and cheapest blade in my area, and it is continuously available in large chain stores within walking distance.

However, I also belong to the camp of "Unless there is no other choice, I will not choose dorco".
I have bought them a few times, but I found that their quality is very unstable, and occasionally they will bring a comfortable shave, but some of the blades have made me uncomfortable from the first cut.

Even the "gillette super thin" made in Vietnam or the "gillette super blue" made in Shanghai, China have significantly better results.
The blades included with "rimei clone tech" are on average smoother than dorco.

I like Dorcos! They work for me. I have used the ST-300/301s and the Primes. I must stress that the ones made in Vietnam are good. I have tried Korean made ones and they were not as good.

That's interesting... The two ST300's I used last night (in two different Tech's for comparison, a smoother razor it would be hard to find!) were Vietnamese made and as rough as anything I've used in a long time.

Eben Stone

Staff member
A few nights ago, shave 2 with the Dorco titan was pretty crappy. I'm not used to getting any irritation or even any alum burn. Same setup. Got some irritation and a few micro nicks.

What's a reasonable number of shaves per blade to expect? If shave 3 is the same as shave 2, then I plan to bin these after 1 shave.

Surprisingly, I've achieved pretty good shaves with the ST301. I think I went over 20 shaves on one blade with an Ikon Tek.

Last edited:
Top Bottom