What's new

DORCO Blades?

Has anyone here had any experience with DORCO Blades? I got two packs in my "les then impressive"sampler pack, and just used one last night. So far I've only used Derby and ASTRA. I wasn't expecting much from the DORCO blade but I'm presently surprised. In my approximately 1 month of de shaving it has been the best shave yet. Sharp enough to not be tuggy, but dull enough to let me do the needed touch ups without ANY irritation. Why hasn't I heard anything about these blades here before? From my lurking around here, I was pretty much settled that I would end up with ASTRA or Derby as my go to. ..... but I'm not so sure anymore. Thoughts? Opinions? Also, the ones I used say "new 301"on them and the second pack I have say 300. Any difference?

I wasn't expecting much from the DORCO blade but I'm presently surprised. In my approximately 1 month of de shaving it has been the best shave yet. Sharp enough to not be tuggy, but dull enough to let me do the needed touch ups without ANY irritation. Why hasn't I heard anything about these blades here before?

great description of the Dorcos. Plus they are smooth and extremely consistent. The edge is sharp enough to cut the hair, but dull enough to give each hair a gentle tug as it cuts through the shaft, exposing more hair for the subsequent pass. Small patches of tiny stubble after a Dorco shave can give people the notion that their shave was a failure... but an hour later that hair has retracted back delivering a long lasting BBS.

great description of the Dorcos. Plus they are smooth and extremely consistent. The edge is sharp enough to cut the hair, but dull enough to give each hair a gentle tug as it cuts through the shaft, exposing more hair for the subsequent pass. Small patches of tiny stubble after a Dorco shave can give people the notion that their shave was a failure... but an hour later that hair has retracted back delivering a long lasting BBS.

indeed, that is exactly right. I kinda feel like I have stumbled on a really well kept secret or something. I know that Im pretty new and there will be a lot of those "ah ha!" moments, but I'm really happy with this one. like I said before, I was expecting to be blown away by the ASTRA blades, and I was with the cutting power of them, but it left my face feeling like it was abused. not a great way to finish. I'm happy to find that my face is well suited to several different kinds of blades, and not so finicky so as to only respond well to one really hard to find blade

My razor came with two packs of Dorcos (a cheap micro touch one) not sure if it was my technique or what but I didn't like the shave I was getting. I was left with a lot of stubble after that stayed around. So I started used wilkinson swords and haven't looked back, till now :lol:

Maybe I will give them one more chance in the future

I like Dorco ST-301 when I use my DE. I think the only difference between the 300 and the 301 is packaging but I can't confirm that. I like the little plastic holder the 301 comes in. They are a great blade bank using the top and bottom; doesn't take up much room in the medicine cabinet and the kids stay out of them.

Derby never worked for me. YMWV

Welcome to B&B. Wander around and pick your AD of choice.

My razor came with two packs of Dorcos (a cheap micro touch one) not sure if it was my technique or what but I didn't like the shave I was getting. I was left with a lot of stubble after that stayed around. So I started used wilkinson swords and haven't looked back, till now :lol:

I'd really like to get my hands on some swords. Im gonna have to pull the trigger on some of those one day

I think the only difference between the 300 and the 301 is packaging but I can't confirm that. I like the little plastic holder the 301 comes in.
I think I could maybe prove you wrong. Here's a pack of Dorco 300 I received in plastic holder.
$D-300.jpg

Recently tried the ST-301 too and didn't expect much but was quite surprised how decent it was. Not the smoothest but no tugging and pretty much nick-less. Got 4 shaves and probably could have gone another shave. They are cheap too so bulk buying won't break the bank.

Recently tried the ST-301 too and didn't expect much but was quite surprised how decent it was. Not the smoothest but no tugging and pretty much nick-less. Got 4 shaves and probably could have gone another shave. They are cheap too so bulk buying won't break the bank.

I notice you are in the UK. Did you know that Superdrug's own brand and Sainsburys own brand are actually Dorco ST301s. I believe the Sainsburys are slightly cheaper at £1.99 for 10. Good blades.

I notice you are in the UK. Did you know that Superdrug's own brand and Sainsburys own brand are actually Dorco ST301s. I believe the Sainsburys are slightly cheaper at £1.99 for 10. Good blades.

Hello

Yes thanks, knew of Sainsbury's but not Superdrug's offering. Can get 50 on fleabay for £4.90 which is half the price almost compared to 5 packs of locally sourced blades but good to know local source if needs must. :001_smile Tesco's are the Red personna or Crystal blades as I understand and a reason why I have avoided those! :biggrin1:

I have used both the 300's and the 301's in several razors and the results were the same, night and day difference to me. The 301's where ungodly horrible where as the 300's provided a good shave. The 301's remind me of Derby's which is not a nice memory. I would rather shave my testicles with a rusted knife found in the sands of Iowa Jima than use a Derby or 301, for me they were that bad. The 300's though not as sharp as say a Feather but a lot more forgiving and still gave me a dfs.

Chris

I just started DE shaving in October and am still working on the pack of Dorco 301's that came with my razor. Been pretty happy with them so far, defiantly better then ost disposables and even a few cartridge razors I have used.

I am not a fan of these blades. The first shave is not pleasant. The second is good. The third is good and it is down hill from there. They are cheap enough to only get three shaves out of them. It still takes four passes to get to BBS for me.

Top Bottom