What's new

Dorco 6 blades razor

Back in the 1960's when sales executives at Gillette decided that a cartridge shaver with a unique attachment system that forced men to buy their blades (and Gillette blades only) was the way to go, they had to find a good sales pitch. Two blades, that shaved twice as close, twice as fast (cost twice as much....) was a selling point that even the densest man in America could comprehend.

Once the concept of adding an extra blade to a cartridge razor in order to give a "better" shave was anchored in the conciousness of the wet shaving public, the next step was three blades. Shick came with four blades and Gillette had to reply with five. Now Dorco have six blades! Will Gillette take this lying down? I see a Mach 7 coming in a few years, with Schick responding with the Octo.

Maybe, just maybe more men will understand that this is just advertizing hype and that one good blade is sufficient, when combined with the technique and patience for wet shaving that are not needed when using a cartridge razor.

What I would like to see marketed is a single blade injector razor with a pivoting head and a magazine for the blades that takes care of the used blade. The sales motto could be "One good blade is enough".

I won't go back to using cartridges before I get at least a dozen blades:it wouldn't surprise me if my cheeks turned out to be big enough for 20 or more.
The funny thing might be that this will let see more people the madness of it all and bring 'em back to us...

Hahahahaha!!! Great Post!

Gillette is now getting their rears handed to them by the Koreans! NICE! Soon, China will come out with some kind of a Nuclear mini face bomb that'll keep facial hair at bay.

The funniest thing is, I always KNEW that sooner or later, the Chinese or Koreans are going to beat Gillette at their own game. And they did. Now if Gillette tries to come out with a 6 blader, they'll get sued like they sued Schick.

What is not a surprise to me is that the Japanese aren't coming up with these ridiculous things. I think Feather stopped at a 3 blade razor. What I love about the Japanese is that they invent stuff. The Chinese/Korean copy it. But regardless, the greedy American companies like Gillette have already milked the market enough.

Wow, funny! I can't wait to see what Gillette has up their sleeve. American corporations are good teachers to the east. And the east learns well.

Atleast the Dorco Pace6 looks and probably performs better than the Derby Samurai 3. Dorco should take that name from Derby and Derby should be called Pace instead. :lol:

Gunnar, your post reminds me of a story I heard from an old newscaster. In the old days, they gave forecasts of today and tomorrow during the weather report. Then, one network decided to go to three day. Then another went to four. We now get seven day weather forecasts which are only as accurate as chance. Almost every scientist I have heard has said it is impossible to accurately predict the weather more than 3-4 days in advance.

The reason Gillette stays on top is because they send every American teenager a free razor for their birthday. This razor is obviously used by Tiger Woods, Roger Federer, and that soccer guy. They use the gel that makes busty chicks fly up your nose in the morning. They spray on the cologne from a recycled Windex bottle that makes similar busty chicks spontaneously lose their clothes.

No 6th blade is going to sway America's youth away from the marketing machine, don't you worry.

You've got to admit, it looks pretty cool, but we don't buy these things just to look at them. Well, I have to admit, I sometimes just open the drawer and stare at my collection sometimes...

Quick Input!

As far as I know this ones are not available for US market. I know this are for Korea only!

Though, I wouldn't really use it as to many!... This have being out for about 2 years already...

Just my 2 cents!

Dark

Hi from Thuringia/Germany!:001_smile

I´ve tested the Dorco Pace6 today, because my father bought it yesterday.

The quality of the razor seems to be fine. Good handle, good grip, good feedback during the shave.

But the quality of the shave itself wasn´t satisfying!

The sharpness isn´t good enough to my strong beard and the whole feeling was "roughly". After the shave, my skin feels rubbed (sensible).

After this, I prefer the Wilkinson Protector3 furthermore.

Nice sarcasm!

But I can tell you, I would NEVER buy a safety razor with more than 3 blades.

It was only a test and the interesting thing is, for exapmple, that the blades of the Protector3 costs half the price of Quattro-Blades (Germany) and the construction ist exactly the same!!!

Top Bottom