What's new

Dopp kit

Gents

My LL Bean toiletries case circa 1984 is showing the miles, shes been good to me -been all over, from my folks to Europe and back many times- well its time.

My current bag is like a small gym bag with outside pockets and pockets on the ends. I like it but what else is out there?

I have been eying the roll up military style packs but I am suspicious that they would not hold to much.

So my question is what do you use?
Can you post a photo LOADED up?
where did you source it ?

Thanks,I am looking forward to some great info and promote DKAD?:w00t:

Jim that really was uncalled for. DKAD? UUGGHH!!!!!! Just when I though I was out.....:w00t:

I use the C&E kit. It was recently on sale for $46 but it looks like they put it back to regular price of $66. Still a great value and a great kit. I'll take some pictures this weekend.
Cheers,
Jeff

Goosemeplease said:
I have been eying the roll up military style packs but I am suspicious that they would not hold to much.

I get enough in mine for at least 2 weeks, I'll supplememnt it with toiletries I purchase while on my travels, there's alwats something else I need! :biggrin:

Goosemeplease said:
So my question is what do you use?

A Daines and Hathaway Military-Style Roll Up Wetpack.

Goosemeplease said:
Can you post a photo LOADED up?

This is what has permanent residency in mine, loaded it lookslike the picture shows:

proxy.php

Goosemeplease said:
where did you source it ?

The Gentleman's Shop (but they're out of stock at the moment)

They're superbly made, I had my eye on one for ages but finally pulled the trigger last year, I wouldn't swap it for anything els except maybe supplementting it with one of these should the trip last longer that a couple of weeks.

The original top loading "DOPP" kits are still nice. Not hugely expensive. You can find them at several on-line e-tailers.

Ghurka products are also nice and last a long time. They have two types of travel kits on their website.

Jonnybc said:
I get enough in mine for at least 2 weeks, I'll supplememnt it with toiletries I purchase while on my travels, there's alwats something else I need! :biggrin:

A Daines and Hathaway Military-Style Roll Up Wetpack.

This is what has permanent residency in mine, loaded it lookslike the picture shows:

proxy.php

The Gentleman's Shop (but they're out of stock at the moment)

They're superbly made, I had my eye on one for ages but finally pulled the trigger last year, I wouldn't swap it for anything els except maybe supplementting it with one of these should the trip last longer that a couple of weeks.

Wow! That's amazing - you actually fit all that stuff in there?!

Forgive the terrible picture, but I picked up this Victorinox hanging toilet bag at Marshalls for $15. It holds multiple shave sticks, razors, after shaves, colognes, witch hazel, deodorant, and a toothbrush/paste, with room to spare.

6 pockets, 1 with mesh, tri-fold, hanging hook for doors, towel bars, etc. Comes in black, olive green and red--maybe more.

Thanks for all the replies.
I am agonizing over this purchase- I appreciate all the info.:biggrin:

I too am considering purchasing the Crowe Shave Kit, but the Fossil website doesn't mention the overall dimensions of it.

The Crowe Shave Kit looks a lot like the Leather Excursion Case sold at Redenvelope.com. The Excursion case is: 12.5" x 0.75" x 19" when open, and costs $125!!!! It seems that the Crowe Shave Kit is a steal at $54 with free shipping. Although the Redenvelope kit looks slightly different, last year's model of this kit looked even more like the Crowe Kit. Here is a link to the Excursion case: http://www.redenvelope.com/re/gifts/product_display/product_information.jsp?nc=87441&BV_SessionID=@@@@0886281812.1154101563@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccfdaddiglmkmhhcefecefedfgfdfmf.0&refPg=endeca&oid=12006127&nc2=1 I have been looking at the Excursion Case for some time, but I could not bring myself to spend that much money. With the discovery of the Crowe kit, I think I've found my new "dopp."

Sam

They are both gorgeous, but if you don't need or want the leather, then the Victorinox at Marshalls is a steal for $15.99--it does everything the others do for $40-50 less.

I have been in the market as well and just don't travel enough to justify the price of the D & H rollup kit...I have been eyeing it for a while but just couldn't pull the trigger. Unfortunately the TJ Maxx and Marshalls in the area don't have anything...they never seem to. Pretty jealous of all the finds people are able to pick up for dirt cheap. So now it is between the Crow and the C&E Bag...I think I like the roll up style better. I think for the price that Crow is tough to beat. Does anyone out there have one that could comment on quality?

Well, I just placed an order for the Crowe kit. Should get here in the normal 5-7, so if you can wait that long I could see about posting my views on it come delivery time.

fuerein said:
Well, I just placed an order for the Crowe kit. Should get here in the normal 5-7, so if you can wait that long I could see about posting my views on it come delivery time.

That is in the running for sure- thanks for the heads up and if you would post a review that would be great! :thumbup1:

Alright guys, a review when it comes in it is then! And to make eveyone happy I'll see about loading it up like I was actually going on a trip (like I wasn't going to anyway. :302: Gotta play with new toys after all!) and I'll break out my digital camera and take some images to show how well it works out.

Top Bottom