What's new

Don't tell everyone but.....Bruan Series 3 3010

As a life long wet shaver and shower shaver who has on occasion used both disposal razors and carts, when traveling and at work. I came across an absolute bargain in my local Boots chemist on Sunday. It was the Braun Series 3 3010 wet 'n' dry rechargeable razor. I did a quick review check while in the store as the price was so good and reduced from £89 to £42!!!. Now as I say I'm a life long wet shaver and have been since age 13 with my regular razor being either a hawk V2 or the one blade hybrid, but have over the years owned at leat 4 electric razors, both foil and rotary. My last was a Philips rotary that swmbo bought in 2000 for me after some hand surgery stopped me wet shaving. Any how I thought this would be perfect as a works razor as I shower before leaving for home at the end of the day. I don't like taking a bladed razor, brush and creams etc to work as there's not an awful lot of room in my locker. The fact it's 100% waterproof and can be use with canned goo, face wash, soap lather or cream tickled my fancy. So tonight after a busy day I gave it a go. Shower set to hot, travel mirror stuck to wall, liquid soap as my lube. 5 mins later a DFS was had. Got to say that electric razors / shavers really have come on in the past 20 years and this is possibly the most comfortable foil razor I've ever used. No red skin, no tugging just a DFS. So if you in the market for a decent easy to use works shower electric shaver you should consider the Braun series 3 3010.

It'll never replace my one blade or other SE's but for sheer ease of use and storage in a small locker it's pretty good.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Thanks for the review. Something that I have not really thought but I might just do a little research.

As a life long wet shaver and shower shaver who has on occasion used both disposal razors and carts, when traveling and at work. I came across an absolute bargain in my local Boots chemist on Sunday. It was the Braun Series 3 3010 wet 'n' dry rechargeable razor. I did a quick review check while in the store as the price was so good and reduced from £89 to £42!!!. Now as I say I'm a life long wet shaver and have been since age 13 with my regular razor being either a hawk V2 or the one blade hybrid, but have over the years owned at leat 4 electric razors, both foil and rotary. My last was a Philips rotary that swmbo bought in 2000 for me after some hand surgery stopped me wet shaving. Any how I thought this would be perfect as a works razor as I shower before leaving for home at the end of the day. I don't like taking a bladed razor, brush and creams etc to work as there's not an awful lot of room in my locker. The fact it's 100% waterproof and can be use with canned goo, face wash, soap lather or cream tickled my fancy. So tonight after a busy day I gave it a go. Shower set to hot, travel mirror stuck to wall, liquid soap as my lube. 5 mins later a DFS was had. Got to say that electric razors / shavers really have come on in the past 20 years and this is possibly the most comfortable foil razor I've ever used. No red skin, no tugging just a DFS. So if you in the market for a decent easy to use works shower electric shaver you should consider the Braun series 3 3010.

It'll never replace my one blade or other SE's but for sheer ease of use and storage in a small locker it's pretty good.

Thanks for the terrific review. Just for the rest of us not in your location, what’s a “Boots Chemist”? Yes, electric shavers have come a long way in the last 20 years.

I believe that's the same model I bought this summer, and recently mentioned in the current "heretical" thread discussing electrics. Stateside I got it even cheaper than that. Wondering how a more upscale contemporary electric would compare, I also bought a Panasonic Arc5, at close to 3x the price. The were very similar, and the Panasonic was less comfortable so I returned it.

My experience didn't get me quite to DFS, although I think I have only used mine wet once, and that was its best result. I'm holding onto it for now, hoping to use it once a month or so just to vary the shaving experience.

I believe that's the same model I bought this summer, and recently mentioned in the current "heretical" thread discussing electrics. Stateside I got it even cheaper than that. Wondering how a more upscale contemporary electric would compare, I also bought a Panasonic Arc5, at close to 3x the price. The were very similar, and the Panasonic was less comfortable so I returned it.

My experience didn't get me quite to DFS, although I think I have only used mine wet once, and that was its best result. I'm holding onto it for now, hoping to use it once a month or so just to vary the shaving experience.

As I’ve said before many times on this forum, that when you switch to an electric shaver it will take a couple of weeks of daily use for your beard, your face and your technique to become accustomed to the shaver. That’s why all the electric shaver manufacturers offer at least a 30 day money back return policy. The general consensus is that the Panasonic shavers return closer shaves than the Braun shavers but with less comfort. However, I own a Panasonic ES8103 shaver and couldn’t tell any difference in either comfort nor closeness than with my Braun 7893s shaver which replaced the Panasonic. The last time I had a real barbershop shave was in about 1968. All I can remember is that I didn’t have to shave for a couple of days. My current barber has suspended shaves until the pandemic is defeated.

If you are expecting a shave as close as from a straight razor in the hand of an experienced person, then you will be disappointed in any electric shaver. The advantages of electric shaving are: Speed, Convenience and Safety. It’s very difficult to draw blood with an electric shaver.

Well used again tonight on 2 days stubble. Went with arko shave cream, just hand rubbed in to a thin lather. Once again a DFS. And a really nice shower too (not bad for works showers). Again no reddness, sore spots or any issues.

I forgot to mention that one thing I read in a few reviews while standing in the store was that most folk said the Braun was better on no more then 3 days growth and perfect for 2 days with sensitive skin and with stubble that grows in all directions with some that lie flat on the face (well that's me alright).

Boots the chemists is a chain of chemists here in the UK. They have a long history here and imho are highly respected of a little expensive.

Boots the chemists is a chain of chemists here in the UK. They have a long history here an

Bought another one. Bruan 3040s with the trimmer for home, just in case or may swap it over with the work one.

I have one and use it for touch ups on mustache and chin. If I go too hard with a DE/cart around there I get irritation. The electric is less effective in shaving close but good enough I suppose. I like a BBS but have settled for an electric shave at times. No blood drawn and no care needed with technique.

I go DE, cart touchups, and finally electric for sensitive area touch ups. I toss the electric after a year and half. They price them to be disposable.

YMMV. My experience with the Braun Series 3 was that it was one of the least effective electric shavers I've ever used. In the US, it commands a ridiculous price point given that performance. It seems to be preferred by young men with light beards.

I have noticed that the 3040 seems to shave better than the 3010. Not sure why just does. Both are new a few weeks old now but apart from the trimmer on the 3040 almost identical.

Forgot to mention that I'd bought a Panasonic Arc 4 as well. The shave from that is superb. I've found it to be as comfortable as the Bruan but shaves a smidgen closer. So have taken that to work and brought the Bruan razors both home. Have put the slowly 3010 under the sink and plan on using the 3040 as my main home electric shaver and the Panasonic for work backed up with a disposable.

Last edited:
I started using Braun shavers in the late 1980s with a System 1-2-3. Have had many different models since including a very early 7 Series and the last-generation 5 Series 5030s. The 5030s was very nice, but it broke after a couple years. My memory says the old Activator was the best Braun shaver I've had, but the current Series 3 is darn good. And a hell of a value. My current favorite is a German-made 3000s ProSkin. Have a few 3 Series, and they all do seem to have their own personalities. The Old Spice-branded ones from about 7 or 8 years ago were really nice too, and the current cheapie 300s is great for travel because it's so light but I think it's a bit underpowered compared to the 3000s.

Top Bottom