Cocobolo , you never know what you are going to get until you open it up
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200509131019382_COVER.jpg
So ......00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200509132526637_COVER.jpg
Let's do it....
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20200509132729977.jpg

00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20200509134718213.jpg

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Love Cocobolo, however, I became sensitized to it and break out every time I even just touch a piece, and every time it is getting worse. Next time, I might end up in the hospital. My dermatologist told me in all his career, he had only two cases that developed an allergy to wood, one was a guy with issues with walnut and then me with Cocobolo.
When I used to work a lot with it, one day I had a rash after my turning session inside my elbow and on my upper chest - areas that were exposed to the fine dust created in turning. I didn't think much, and when I turned the next time some cocobolo, the same happened. But, it was worse...and every time I worked this wood it got worse.
Eventually ended up at the doctors and he pointed me to this sensitization that had occurred to me. I stopped using cocobolo. A few years later we went to Costa Rica on vacation and in a gallery that showed all mind of wood items, I picked up a nice bowl, turned from cocobolo....the same night I had a bad outbreak - on my chest and on the inside of my elbows, the areas I had been sensitized years ago. I had touched the bowl only with my hands, yet my body reacted on the spots it had been bad years ago initially.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Love Cocobolo, however, I became sensitized to it and break out every time I even just touch a piece, and every time it is getting worse. Next time, I might end up in the hospital. My dermatologist told me in all his career, he had only two cases that developed an allergy to wood, one was a guy with issues with walnut and then me with Cocobolo.
When I used to work a lot with it, one day I had a rash after my turning session inside my elbow and on my upper chest - areas that were exposed to the fine dust created in turning. I didn't think much, and when I turned the next time some cocobolo, the same happened. But, it was worse...and every time I worked this wood it got worse.
Eventually ended up at the doctors and he pointed me to this sensitization that had occurred to me. I stopped using cocobolo. A few years later we went to Costa Rica on vacation and in a gallery that showed all mind of wood items, I picked up a nice bowl, turned from cocobolo....the same night I had a bad outbreak - on my chest and on the inside of my elbows, the areas I had been sensitized years ago. I had touched the bowl only with my hands, yet my body reacted on the spots it had been bad years ago initially.
I'm sensitive to cedar and I can't stop sneezing when I work with it , my eyes water and sneezing. I try to stay away from it.
How are you doing Rudy in this crazy time, staying safe and Healthy I hope .

Top Bottom