What's new

Don't cry over spilled salt, but what about spilled beans?

I just spilled about 16 ounces of greens on my kitchen floor!
While I'm not overly upset, I really would have rather preferred to roast them for tomorrows brew!
Fortunately I have around another 50 pounds on hand.
This is just a small area of the spread.
20210513_094853.jpg

Haha, nice dispersion pattern and cleanup you have there.
If those were mine I would go ahead and roast them. The high heat of the roaster should disinfect them.

Haha, nice dispersion pattern and cleanup you have there.
If those were mine I would go ahead and roast them. The high heat of the roaster should disinfect them.
Thanks, I'll probably be finding stray beans for the next year!
Momentarily I thought about sweeping them up and roasting them still, but I'm going to use them in a resin project.

This reminds me of a coffee accident yesterday I had yesterday. I was preparing to make an Americano and had the ground beans leveled in the portafilter basket. As I brought the tamper over I must have been flying too low and close and caused the basket to flip, spreading coffee over the counter and onto the floor. The part that fell to the floor went into the bin, but I put the remainder of what was left into a pour over. I attempted a very fast pour over and it sort of worked but stalled completely at about 1 minute. The cup was drinkable, but not so good.

I'm always finding green coffee around here. I never noticed spilling any but I am always finding one here and there. I blame the little people. You know, the ones who enjoy wreaking havoc and causing chaos. The ones who steal that sock and hide that missing screw.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Oh wow.... thats gunna be fun getting those off the ground! Kinda neat pattern though?

Oh wow.... thats gunna be fun getting those off the ground! Kinda neat pattern though?
It wasn't that bad to clean up, now the one and only time that I heated up a hard boil egg in the microwave on the the other hand...

I'm always finding green coffee around here. I never noticed spilling any but I am always finding one here and there. I blame the little people. You know, the ones who enjoy wreaking havoc and causing chaos. The ones who steal that sock and hide that missing screw.
I firmly believe those little people are in the employment of my wife, because she swears up and down that she never moves my stuff to to their proper storage location.

Top Bottom