What's new

Don't buy Genco razors

Don't buy them on the bay, don't buy them at antique stores. Particularly stay away from the Henry's X and XX and Expert models. They're um..horrible. The metal is terrible, won't take an edge and will shred your face like you dragged broken glass across it. Of greatest danger are those that don't have corrosion near the edge and little hone wear. Horrible investments. You should stay with fine British and German steels.

As a public service, I'm attempting to take as many off the market as I can so as to protect the unsuspecting buyer.

:wink2:

Something tells me this chap may not be trustworthy...
:blink:

Will you take all the old W&B razors I see laying around. I heard they were bad, too.
:thumbup1:

Not to worry, I have already saved a couple of unsuspecting shavers from the ravages of the Genco curse (I have two).

Something tells me this chap may not be trustworthy...
:blink:

Will you take all the old W&B razors I see laying around. I heard they were bad, too.
:thumbup1:

Are you impugning my motives? How dare you sir, how dare you! :innocent: I have nothing but the public safety at heart. Think of the children!

I am but one voice in the wilderness and I'm afraid the Wade & Butchers will have to be the domain of some other good samaritan.

Agree 1000000%!!!!! Great Public Service Announcement, they are chemically treated with radioactive materials and will cause your nose to fall right off your face. Please send them to me for proper disposal should you encounter one of the Horrendous Razors!!! They may also appear to look like this one:

$20150723_152925.jpg

$20150723_152957.jpg

If you see any of these as stated please send to me for proper disposal:lol:

In addition to being radioactive, the Pyramids have the Mummy's Curse and the Henry's were used to shave the nether regions of mange ridden wolverines prior to being put down assuming the metal didn't shatter the first time it was stropped.

Second best steel on an american razor that I know of. Green Lizard has to be #1 in my book
I had never heard of those and for a bit thought you were pulling my leg. Google told me otherwise.

Without bragging (I'm no honemeister) I was amazed at the edge that I was able to put on The Henry's X. Less than $2 originally.

Go for the one with the lizard on the blade itself. It has a slight smiling profile built into it that the other variants don't. It's one of those truly great ones that never gets talked up.. Kind of like the German FWE specials. Those take insane edges also.

I have been curious about the Green Lizards, but I love the GCs.

Don't buy them on the bay, don't buy them at antique stores. Particularly stay away from the Henry's X and XX and Expert models. They're um..horrible. The metal is terrible, won't take an edge and will shred your face like you dragged broken glass across it. Of greatest danger are those that don't have corrosion near the edge and little hone wear. Horrible investments. You should stay with fine British and German steels.

As a public service, I'm attempting to take as many off the market as I can so as to protect the unsuspecting buyer.

:wink2:

Maybe he is honing his razor on a rotating bench grinder, or even worse, one of those old fashioned farm grinding stones.

Top Bottom