What's new

Don After Shave Splash

Another sample that I won from Against the Grain.

Used it tonight and my skin feels extra smooth and soft. Not sure if it was the Don or the Gold Dachs soap or the new Ted Pella blade in my GEM 1912. Unfortunately I only got one use out of this sample as I knocked the vial over after pouring half of it in my hand to use. The smell of this one is very unique, my initial reaction was it smelled like vetiver and something woody :thumbup1:. The smell came on pretty strong but mellowed after 5 minutes or so. Nice touch of menthol in this one but zero alcohol burn.

Has anyone else tried this one yet?

I also tried my sample from against the grain last night. First one I've tried from the samples. I had no preconceived idea of what this would be, since I had not read any descriptions of "Don" AS before trying it.

I put it on and was reminded of outdoors, woods, etc. My wife said it was like walking along in the forest.

I really like it, and so does SWMBO.

This morning I went and read the description at...

http://againstthegrain.ecrater.com/p/7564915/don-aftershave

"Contains Oakmoss and has a fragrant scent with Woody/Herbaceous..."

Thanks for the reply, I was starting to worry that people might think I was a shill for against the grain :lol:. I have posted quick observations of 3 samples so far (Don, Olimon and Alpa 378) and have received absolutely no replies or comments to any of them except for this one now :thumbup1:

I was planning on posting my observations of "Don" this morning, and then I stumbled across your thread, so I had a handy place to post.

I'll add my thoughts on the other samples as I try them too.

I'm glad you like the Czech stuff! This is quite widely available here but I don't like it, little smelly to me (and my girlfriend). But I like 378 very much on the other hand.

I'm glad you like the Czech stuff! This is quite widely available here but I don't like it, little smelly to me (and my girlfriend). But I like 378 very much on the other hand.

I liked it much more because it really did mellow out after 5 minutes. If it would have stayed on as strong as the initial blast for any longer than 5 minutes or so I would have probably washed it off :lol:

This is strong juice folks!

I liked it much more because it really did mellow out after 5 minutes. If it would have stayed on as strong as the initial blast for any longer than 5 minutes or so I would have probably washed it off :lol:

This is strong juice folks!

Exactly said, sir. I could smell Don on myself even at noon and after that I decided to sell it on BST :lol:.

I just picked up a bottle of Don today for CZK 32 (about USD 1.60), looking forward to trying it tomorrow. I just hope it's better than the Pitralon AS I picked up for something like CZK 10 a few months ago - I chucked that after one use.

I bought a bottle of Alpa 378 for CZK 5 (26 cents! :w00t:) last week, used it once so far. I like the long-lasting cooling effect, but I'm not so crazy about the scent - for some reason it brings to mind floor cleaner. SWMBO approved, but hesitantly. It makes my daughter sneeze. You can get far superior aftershaves for the price it's going for on Against the Grain (Adidas Dynamic Pulse and Deep Energy come immediately to mind).

Olimon is also mad cheap, so I may have to give that a go as well.

Don indeed be strong stuff :a20: Five or six drops is all you really need, unless you want the scent to last you all day long. It's an invigorating scent, Gerald_G's description - "like walking along in the forest" - is accurate, I'd just tack on "on a cool, dry autumn day."

Because a little goes a long way, I doubt I'll need to buy another bottle for a long time. I will definitely pick up the shaving cream, which is as inexpensive as the aftershave.

Top Bottom