What's new

Dollar Tree Finds

8010D4D7-7E81-4657-A1E8-602CB432FE8C.jpeg
D212FECA-FA30-427F-8A8B-200DD21EC8A1.jpeg
4539472B-C7F3-40ED-BF72-2929AD0F8C73.jpeg
E1F10987-4D62-4852-81E7-98EE08D275E9.jpeg
8010D4D7-7E81-4657-A1E8-602CB432FE8C.jpeg
D212FECA-FA30-427F-8A8B-200DD21EC8A1.jpeg
i went to the Dollar Tree and found a metal safety razor with 5 blades (had to buy it to try it, works great, blades could be better) Would be good to travel with or give to someone to try safety razors and see if they like them.

I also got a glass bowl with a lid, perfect size for shave soap and a cheese grater. I grated a stick of Arko and Williams together, worked really well.

Lastly, I got a glass olive oil bottle and decanted my Lustray Spice into it. So far it also worked well. So a glass bowl, glass after shave bottle, cheese grater, and a safety razor for $4. Williams and Arko was around $3.

Blades aren't terrible if you want sharp. I tested one before sending back my sharpness tester. Scored the same as a Feather. No clue how the durability compares though.

Interesting... how do you test the sharpness? I felt like I was getting some tugging but it could have just been me... still looks like a pretty good razor for a buck.

I thought the oil bottles were pretty cool for aftershaves too. I’m not sure if anyone has done it yet, although odds are someone has..

Used the Edgeonup sharpness tester. I actually bought them because I needed a DE blade to test it (the SE blades I bought were tool blades, very dull). They scored right around where Feathers and one other DE blade were scoring... most DE's scored almost twice as high in comparisons other people had done (lower is better). Maybe they're inconsistent, though... I only tested one.

Good call on the oil bottle. I have one that I use for my Clubman. Mine didn't come from DT and I had to make a silicone cap. I like that the DT bottle comes with the cap.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Good call on the oil bottle. I have one that I use for my Clubman. Mine didn't come from DT and I had to make a silicone cap. I like that the DT bottle comes with the cap.
I'm glad this was posted. I will look at my local store for these. I have some stuff that needs to get out of plastic.

FarmerTan

I'm a maroon when it comes to looking up stuff, but there is a lllooooonnngg thread about the Assured razor challenge somewhere on here. Started as a PIF, and I was one of the original dirty dozen that participated.

Yeah, that olive oil bottle has worked well so far. Nice that it had the cap. I only got 1 so far to “field” test it but for $1 I might put all of my plastic bottled aftershaves in them.

FarmerTan

Yeah, that olive oil bottle has worked well so far. Nice that it had the cap. I only got 1 so far to “field” test it but for $1 I might put all of my plastic bottled aftershaves in them.
Thanks for turning me on to this. Hope I can get one.

BTW, if you don't like the default oil bottle, those caps will fit into other bottles. I currently have the pour spot in a Buddha Beer bottle with Clubman!

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Nice haul! I like that soap container. I bought one of the razors, but haven’t been brave enough to try it. I’ll have to give it a go, but I think I’ll use an Astra. For aftershave, the glass hot sauce bottles are another great solution. Dump out the cheap hot sauce, wash out the bottle, and you’re all set.

Top Bottom