What's new

Dollar tree brush

So, today with the missus, I was in Dollar tree debating on picking up a back up de razor since I like the one I have. Then I saw they carry a small brush so I grabbed one to try. It seems the seams are prominent with a tad of maybe glue on spots. It's very small, so probably a good travel brush. Very stiff, but imo that's good. I will try it tomorrow and report back. Here are some pictures with a yaqi 24mm and a big Omega.
IMG_20211127_181257408_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211127_181304252_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211127_181144325.jpg

I had one of those. It pretty much disintegrated during the first use. More specifically, about 50% of the bristles broke in various locations. It was completely unusable.

It’s amazing what you can get for a buck at Dollar Tree although it’s soon going to be Dollar and a Quarter Tree. I’ve got both shaving gel and the aftershave balm. Haven’t used the shaving gel yet but I really liked the aftershave balm. BTW you can buy it online and have it shipped to your home (minimum lot of 20) or shipped free to your store if they don’t have it not sure what it cost for for shipping to your home. Haven’t checked on the brush.
AD8D9AF6-47E6-4B05-BCFC-FD7082DCA967.jpeg

97B3A395-1389-40DF-A923-2099DD696EC0.jpeg

97B3A395-1389-40DF-A923-2099DD696EC0.jpeg

AD8D9AF6-47E6-4B05-BCFC-FD7082DCA967.jpeg

I sorta of like their aftershave, might have to try it, so anyways. The brush is usable, lost maybe three hairs, very stiff as well. The one issue I didn't like was the lather didn't stay on the bristles to well. It sorta of ran down the handle as I face lathered lol. Maybe technique or maybe the material. I will try it again

I sorta of like their aftershave, might have to try it, so anyways. The brush is usable, lost maybe three hairs, very stiff as well. The one issue I didn't like was the lather didn't stay on the bristles to well. It sorta of ran down the handle as I face lathered lol. Maybe technique or maybe the material. I will try it again
Out of curiosity I went ahead and picked one up. it’s only a buck so no big loss, first impression was cheap plastic handle But I’m intrigued by the knot a little on the scritchy side, but appears to have some back bone, if the handle holds up I bet this bugger can make some decent lather.
13579054-453A-4944-86C9-1B0D17B1B1D7.jpeg

Oh yeah, but with something else also that does hold some water. The knot fell out of the blue one it wasn’t glued in properly. Fortunately or unfortunately, you pick, I grabbed a spare white one. It held up and was able to create some decent lather from a pinch of soap sample from Phoenix CK1.
092BFB66-8A9A-4357-B53B-FA7F16B63DA3.jpeg

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Really. If one wants to spend a lowly dollar wisely he should buy an Arko stick.
Yes, this is the absolute best value a dollar can buy. Excellent soap with a scent that is not to everyone's liking, but then there are guys using lilac vegetal.... (Tip: if you buy Arko, take it out of the wrapper and let sit out for some time, the scent will mellow).

As PT Barnum is reported to have said: "There's a sucker born every minute". The circus is pretty much defunct these days, but suckers still have plenty of places to waste their money.
Not suckers, not gullible, nobody was tricked or deceived. Maybe wasted a couple bucks, goofing around.

On the other hand I do like their aftershave shave balm for a buck. Now those buying it on eBay for $5 plus shipping cost would be suckers.

My kids got me one of those brushes and the B-pure shaving soap for Father's day. The soap is actually very good for the price. I figured I'd make them feel good so I used the brush a few times. It had a lot of structure and was pretty scritchy. I thought for fun I'd keep working it to try and break it in (it could be a good travel brush that way) and it felt like it slowly was beginning to soften up a bit but then half the knot just fell out. So I gave it the old college try for the kids but in the end, it just didn't hold up.

Yep they put a little dab of glue on it and that’s it. But I do like the aftershave balm, I use it as everyday face moisturizer. Between my age and my stroke my face is needs a moisturizer daily and it doesn’t have any alcohol.

Top Bottom