What's new

Dollar Store surprise/PAA Doppler

I tried one the other day! I treated it like a stick and face lathered it. An amazing puck for $1.25 + tax.

I bought an extra to PIF whenever I'm not so lazy.
My daughter bought a puck of this for when she was at the Dollar Tree, and I used it this morning. Like Williams, I used it like a shaving stick. To me, it's a little softer than Williams and I don't think I can get as many shave from it. Still, at $1.25 for a decent shave soap!!

This soap lathers surprisingly well, has a slight citrus/clean soap scent (to my nose), and provides a nice lather base to shave with. Did a very nice job, especially when you factor in the price!!

Just tried this Dollar Store ($1.25, thanks to inflation) Chinese-made shave soap, "b-pure" brand. Wasn't expecting much.

View attachment 1471200

Have tried similar with poor luck- waxy, miserable soaps that washed hands but would not lather. This one works!

Simple, linear bergamot scent, but lathers quickly and easily. Used new PAA Doppler Synth 26mm. Bigger than I thought brush, but nice.

View attachment 1471205
Soap was perfect in every way, working much easier than many- put Williams to shame for that same buck.

Post shave lather peaks. For the price, impressive. 🤔 Being a hoarder, I'll probably go buy five more..

AA
Which dollar store? I haven’t been frequenting any of them recently.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Wasn't Ivory Soap 99 and 44/100% pure? :cuppa: That last fraction was probably bug parts, arsenic, etc.

I got two more of those dumb soaps, just to confirm my hoarder issues.

AA
I've been to two DT's in my area and all they have is canned goo. And this brush. :ouch1:
20220621_060331.jpg20220621_060312.jpg
~doug~

Have been checking local dollar trees but have yet to find this soap, hopefully they get some stock am curious about this soap although I really do not need more shave soaps the fact that this can be found for just over a dollar is impressive.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Have been checking local dollar trees but have yet to find this soap, hopefully they get some stock am curious about this soap although I really do not need more shave soaps the fact that this can be found for just over a dollar is impressive.
I found it on top of a display right at the front door. I had literally walked right past it three times at two different stores. It is definitely not where you would expect it to be.

~doug~

I tried this today. It was pretty good. The scent is pleasant and I got a thick, protective lather. I used Palmolive stick yesterday and B•Pure performed similarly.

I won't carve anything into stone yet after just one use. It's summer so the dew point is in the upper 60's. Ask me in 6 months when the dew point is about 0.001º. Some products fall apart in September when the humidity goes away.

YMMV. And MMMV. But give this a shot if it's convenient to pick some up. I'll be using it again.

The ingredients have a lot of similarity to Van Der Hagen shave soaps. Basically a bit of saponified stearic acid with a foaming agent (sodium laureth sulfate) suspended in the sorbitol and sucrose that are used as humectants (hold moisture to provide bulk to the soap). Glycerin adds slickness. Per Nemo above this is not a real soap though it sounds like, similar to the Van Der Hagen Luxury soap, that it works based on your experience.

Top Bottom