What's new

Dollar shave club

So. Since the joe rogan show offers dollar shave club first month for $5. I decided to give it a shot. I won’t switch over, but i wanted to try the executive razor just for fun. Has anyone else done this? I’ll use my normals soaps, pre shaves, and AS.

So. Since the joe rogan show offers dollar shave club first month for $5. I decided to give it a shot. I won’t switch over, but i wanted to try the executive razor just for fun. Has anyone else done this? I’ll use my normals soaps, pre shaves, and AS.
My son signed me up for 3 months 2 years ago, they were less expensive than my Gillette fusions. After using the the razor for a week I went back to my Gillette fusion.
That's when I went back to wet shaving. My wife uses the dollar shave club razor, and when she is finished with the blades she will go back to disposable razors. As far as I know my son still uses the dollar shave club razor.
Bottom line is if I go back to carts it will be Gillette.

Stuartg74

the executive is a nice razor, it's the same handle as the Dorco Pace 6 plus ,same blades I believe as well.
I did the DSC for 3 months, I joined for a buck, got the executive, then the next month got middle razor ( dorco pace 4), then tried Atra compatible humble twin, after that put my account on hold. I use the executive/dorco pace 6 razor heads as a daily shave for a long time, just can't have more than 24hrs growth on the face or it's and tug of war and clog city. Also the cart is a little too big for under the nose.
All these clubs are worth to try when you get a nice promo, I did Harrys and Barbasols as well. Harrys wasnt bad,The Barbasol club is nothing special they use modified dorco blades that only fit their handle, but nothing else included, like creams, lotions, etc. I would skip that one

Thanks for the info! I’m curious to try a cart for the first time in years. I’m sure I’ll be reminded why i switched to DE Haha

For carts the DSC offerings aren't that bad, the twin blade is especially servicable for travel however it is very mild. My wife prefers that razor over anything she has ever used. If you end up liking any of the three razors they offer then skip DSC and order in bulk from dorco. All DSC razors are rebranded dorcos and you can get them much cheaper per cart in bulk with free shipping through dorco.

I too have been playing around with carts lately, the Gillette sensor 2 pivot disposable is a surprisingly good shave as is the cheap twin blade barbasol disposable you can get at Dollar tree for 5 for $1 (also a rebranded dorco). Actually... Dollar tree sells rebranded versions of the same razors DSC sells except they are disposables.

Just save yourself some time, buy a Gillette Guard, and question why you ever messed around with any other cart lol.

I’d be curious to try that Gillette. But i probably wouldn’t spend the money on it, I’m only experimenting because it was $5

I’d be curious to try that Gillette. But i probably wouldn’t spend the money on it, I’m only experimenting because it was $5

A guard handle with 1 cart runs around $1-$2 and you can get x96 replacement carts via Amazon for around $22. With a guard I can get 1-2 BBS shaves + another 2-3 DFS shaves out of it. Many frequent guard users report 20+ DFS shaves out of 1 cart.

I heard that Gillette marketed the Guard razor in India to get people off of the DE Blades.
The low-income markets aren't big on cartridges.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I heard that Gillette marketed the Guard razor in India to get people off of the DE Blades.
The low-income markets aren't big on cartridges.
I think you are right. One of our B and B brothers from India has reported that. Nice fellow, his name slips my brain at the moment.

The Guard is basically half a DE blade in a plastic case. But I think it still has a higher profit margin than the Gillette DE blades sold there

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
The Guard is basically half a DE blade in a plastic case. But I think it still has a higher profit margin than the Gillette DE blades sold there
I have had those things in my cart more times than you could count, but my wife, AKA, the War Department, understands PayPal, I don't, and she has vetoed me everytime. My next wife is gonna be stoopider than me, but as my lovely bride always says, she'd have to be.

Top Bottom