What's new

Dollar Shave Club Humble Twin

I usually rotate between a Mach 3, Merku Futur and Parker 26c. I was looking for a cheaper cart so I just signed up for DLC. I selected their humble twin. Can't beat the price. Anyone have experience with this cart? 5 carts for $3 delivered seems like a steal.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
My rotation is the Gillette Guard or the Gillette Ball End Tech.

I signed up for the Humble Twin just now. I like that you can cancel anytime without charge. If that wasn't an option I would never sign up.

I'll try it out see how I like it. If I like it more than the Guard I'll just keep it.

I remember reading that ordering directly from Dorco in bulk would save you some money, but the prices would indicate that you would actually save money by going through DSC.

I jumped on the band wagon right when DSC came on the scene. They had some quality control issues with the old Humble Twin handles but the customer service was fantastic and I actually ended up with more handles and blades than I had paid for. Never had any issues with the blades, but that was before I was "enlightened."

If I were ever to return to the cartridge world, I would have no problem going back to DSC.

Well I received my Humble Twin yesterday and had my first shave with it. I gotta say I was pleasantly surprised. This is a great 2 blade cart. Nice smooth shave with no irritation. I would say that I do get a little closer shave with my Mach3 around the trouble spots but the difference is barely noticeable. At $3 for 5 blades it's a fantastic deal iMHO. It's not that far off a DE blade in price, especially if you take away the $2 shipping. I would recommend it to anyone. Think I might have found my new cart shaver.

I'm pretty positive that the Dollar General's brand (DG Body) are Dorco blades just like the DSC. I've considered getting the 3 blade system and even the 2 blade system just to try out. I have nothing against carts but I'm getting such incredible shaves with my ATT I just don't want to skip shaves with it and use a cart but when I travel I know I'm not going to want to take my ATT so I'll want a travel option.

Somebody needs to do a comparison of the Humble Twin with an Atra loaded with Gillette Vector carts (two blades, green lube strip, device behind the head that presses stuff out from between the blades). The Vector is the best two-bladed cartridge I've ever tried.

I've tried the Dorco blades from Family Dollar and they're not bad, but they are a far cry from the Vector blades, IMO.

I use the 4 blade option and it works OK($9 every 2 months). Switching to a DE has made me realize how much a cart pulls ATG.

The DG Body twin blades with the white strip are not the same as the DSC Dorco's with the orange strip. The DSC ones are better. However I noticed on my last trip to Dollar General they had the ones with the white strips 5 for 1.75 but they also had the same ones DSC uses at 6 for 3 dollars with the handle included. However these are only available in the store, not online like the cheaper ones.

I tried these DSC humble twin cartridges and I hated them. The actual blades are too far inside the cartridge to provide a comfortable shave. Look closely. You have to apply pressure in order to have it really touch your skin. But, this can lead to razor burn and cuts. The only cartridge razors in my rotation are the Gillette Guard and the Gillette Sensor/SensorExcel. The blades are close and the angles are good. They are also cheap.

Top Bottom