What's new

Dollar General Twin Blade “Disposable System”

So just picked up this razor in UK for £1.99.
Is this a Dorco equivalent of the Bic Flex 2?
You get a handle and 6 blades.
Made in S Korea and Vietnam
F17B9E33-444A-4D3A-806B-2ACC0022D327.jpeg
BA17B511-D4A2-4DFC-86F1-8DA2DCA36AC3.jpeg

E6660C39-6F1E-4560-A7C6-14DFDF4CBEE6.jpeg

Used a Schick Ultra+X handle although the OEM blue plastic one is OK too.
Very smooth and comfortable but not as sharp as the other twin carts I’ve used.

Turns out this is actually a rebranded Dorco TG-II / Pace 2.
Very nice!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Looks good and the price is pretty good to, even when you convert it to Australian dollars. Most of the cheap carts over here are really cheap razors out of China. I would definitely buy that if I saw it out here in Australia.

So, I've been using the Dollar Shave Club for a while now. Specifically, I use their Humble Twin. Just now after seeing this I realize that the Dollar General brand shown above is the exact same thing as the DSC. Anyone know the true maker? Is it Dorco?

So, I've been using the Dollar Shave Club for a while now. Specifically, I use their Humble Twin. Just now after seeing this I realize that the Dollar General brand shown above is the exact same thing as the DSC. Anyone know the true maker? Is it Dorco?
Yes it’s the Dorco TG-II/ Pace 2

Dollar General in the USA has this one for $5. It has Personna cartridges, which you can buy 6/$1.65. They are OK'ish.
Dorco 2 blade I think available from ama...n.
Both compatible w Atra. I still use that 1st handle I ever used....recently re-discovered in a box
The angle on the new (DG handles and Gillette from India) are steep and I do not like them at all.

Attachments

• IMG_20191106_095153.jpg
    IMG_20191106_095153.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 15
Top Bottom