What's new

Dollar Beard Club

I've been tempted to try the oil since it is a third the cost of what a lot of others are. The commercials are pure genius and the swagger and beard that the commercials have is amazing.

Well I received the oil last night. I tried it out and it feels pretty good. The scent isn't that strong, even my daughter said that it didn't smell like anything. We'll see how it goes. Here's a pic of the bottle with a fatboy for size reference.

Oh, and this video cracks me up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yjYkI_nuqc

$IMG_0943.jpg

I've used Dollar Beard Club oil. It works, and it is affordable. There are MUCH better oils out there.

I see that there is some confusion about what beard oil is and does, so let me start by clarifying: primarily, it is a "leave-in conditioner" for beards. It helps soften and condition the hair, helps keep dandruff and itching under control, and often adds a healthy shine to a beard. Secondarily, it smells awesome, and helps add some weight to the hairs to aid in controlling fly-aways and frizz.

What I look for in a quality oil is something that nourishes the hair with a solid carrier oil recipe. Something that contains jojoba, argan, and either grapeseed oil or hemp oil are really good bases. They are light in color, weight, and fragrance, absorb readily into the hair and skin, and leave the hair with a pleasant glow, but not looking like it is coated in aluminum foil.

There are a variety of essential oils that work really well for controlling dandruff and aiding in a wide variety of skin and hair conditions using homeopathic theories. Whether or not you buy homeopathic essential oil mumbo jumbo, they make beard oil smell awesome, which is good enough for me.

Yes, there are many beardsmen that make their own oils, balms, and waxes. There are also loads of different small businesses out there making a HUGE variety.

Dollar Beard Club is a relatively heavy oil that leaves an unnatural shine, and leaves the beard feeling weighed down. It works well to condition, but the feel and scent are unappealing to my taste. I use oils, balms and waxes made by www.TheBeardedBastard.com and www.BlackRebelBeardCo.com. Both are high quality products at very reasonable prices.

Just like shaving products, you get what you pay for, for the most part. You can find high end and low end products, high priced and low priced. If you plan on growing a beard, research, research, research. You can get just as deeply involved in growing a beard as you can in shaving it off...

Top Bottom