What's new

Dokha: First full bowl. WHOA!

As mentioned in my hookah thread, I stumbled across dokha and ordered some along with a medwakh (the pipe that it's smoked from).

Here is a link to the Wikipedia page on it for those that don't know what is is.

This stuff is interesting to say the least. Totally different from the pipe tobacco a lot of us are used to. The smell of the unlit tobacco is more like tea. The taste of the smoke is similar to a cigar.

As for the experience of smoking it, it's unlike any tobacco I've ever had. It's strong and hits fast. A bowl is 2-5 puffs depending on how you're smoking it, I finished it in 3. After my first puff I could immediately feel the effects. Big head rush and tingling in the fingers. This feeling only lasts for a minute or two, then you're left with the familiar relaxing effects of nicotine.

The smoke itself feels somewhat harsh in the throat, but that depends on what blend you're smoking. This was a bowl of Malaki Saffron, which is a warm blend.

As I commented to my wife after it first hit me, I'm surprised that this stuff is legal.

If you guys are interested in trying it, check out http://www.medwakh.com. Their starter kits are a good way to get everything you need to try it except for a lighter.

After you mentioned it in the other thread I googlejitsued it and was afraid to read any more.

You're definitely more daring than me!

Nah... the worst part is the harshness, which really isn't even that bad. If you've ever smoked an unfiltered cigarette inhaled a cigar, it's on the same level.

The nicotine part of it is strange. It's a lot at once, but overall, I don't think it's a lot. I didn't get any sort of nic-sickness from it.

Probably will not be on my list of things to try. for some reason this stands out like Naswar in my head, even though I know it's very different.

I just tried the last of the blends that I ordered, Grey Wizard, which is a hot blend. I don't notice a lot of difference in harshness between the three levels (cold, warm, and hot). There's definitely a difference in level of nicotine hit.

It's worth a try, and start-up cost isn't bad at all. I got a pipe, draw string bag, 8 filters, pipe cleaners, and four 3 gram bags of tobaccco for about $35 shipped. Medwakh.com has it setup so that the 3 gram bags and 9 gram bottles work out to the same price per gram. Very nice for trying different things without paying a premium to do it.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
On second thought, maybe I'll pass. The last couple of days I've smoked a couple of my more nicotine-heavy blends, and I was reminded how much I don't care for nicotine. Very rarely anymore do I get hot flashes and puke, but I still don't care for the head rush. I don't think dokha would be up my alley.

Top Bottom